• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The next nation to be granted Test status

Next test nation

• Total voters

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Pretty sure Dhaka hosted close to **** all Test cricket when it was part of Pakistan.
Looked it up out of curiosity. I'm surprised. 28 Home Tests, Karachi (10), Lahore (8), Dhaka (7), Bahwalpur/Peshawar/Rawalpindi (1 each). 25% seems a fair allocation. I suppose an argument could be made that Pakistan should have developed more Test centres in the most populous province. Actually, do let's make that argument. There's no way Pakistan can have done anything that could remotely be described as fair. Apparently East Pakistan had a larger population than the West. So technically present day Bangladesh had the greater right to be called Pakistan (alongwith the right to host the majority of home cricket). Which also means that they didn't actually seccede in '71; the West was kicked out. Bangladesh had the greater right to the name of Pakistan, and present day Pakistan should have chosen a new name (suggestion - Failstan).

Last edited: