Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes To Indian Team in Next Series Onwards

What makes VVS even more vulnerable is that he's batting at 5, an easier slot to put a youngster into. We've seen how it hasn't helped Australia having to rotate youngsters/out of form batsmen through no. 3. Pushing Kohli up there is a tough ask, obviously can't be done on form. Maybe Pujara can go there straight away.

But if you're looking to get Rohit in there, then putting him at 5/6 is a lot easier and how a youngster should be introduced whenever possible. That's why the pressure will be applied to VVS even further.

You can see why Dravid has struggled in Australia, this tour especially but even in general. His defence has been breached so often because he's not prepared to commit over his front leg when defending, you see him go forward and then brace his front knee and stand up tall, rather than getting his eyes over the ball. His hands try to find the ball and that's where he's fallen down.

He looked very similar in his first tour over here in 1999/00.

Well one thing I will say about Ishant is that sachin was telling him where to bowl and how to bowl it in the nets... I mean doesn't Ishant have a brain ?? what is Eric Simons doing ??

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin200 View Post
    Well one thing I will say about Ishant is that sachin was telling him where to bowl and how to bowl it in the nets... I mean doesn't Ishant have a brain ?? what is Eric Simons doing ??

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Swap Pujara and Kohli IMO.

If you're going to play Dravid, play him in the top four.
    You're right about switching Pujara and Kohli. But I don't want Dravid in his current form at the crucial no. 3 spot. I prefer to give a chance to one of the new batsmen to bat at 3 and try and play the main role rather than play a supporting role from down the order. Also can't have Tendulkar batting outside the top 4 since he's still the best batsman in the side. So he'd have to go down to 5 or 6.

U19 Captain
    I doubt dropping any of these players will do much good. This Indian team is struggling for one simple reason - an unimaginative and lacklustre bowling attack that lacks the ability to intimidate.

I realize the batsmen have done terrible, but the Australians and England have bowled pretty well, utilized the swing and bounce to dismiss quality batsmen. The Indian bowling attack is a complete joke, in the past they could rely on a couple of spinners to win them test matches, but without a penetrative bowling attack you simply do not have a shot at winning test matches against quality opponents.

I think far too much blame has been placed on the Indian batsmen here, although they are struggling, if India had Australias bowling attack, they would be dismissing the Australian side for lower totals aswell, and you would have potential for a semi competitive series.

It is pretty cliché, but you can have a world class batting line up in form, but without quality strike bowlers, you have no chance in test cricket.

I understand Indians find it hard to produce good fast bowlers, maybe they should exhaust more resources in unearthing some more spinning talent, Australian wickets are actually spinner friendly as they offer good bounce, and I can't think of anything else that would make India a consistently top test playing nation.
    Last edited by mohammad16; 13-01-2012 at 05:05 AM.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin200 View Post

I said about Ishant at the end of his successful WI tour that unless he can get his release right and start swinging the ball again (as he did at the start of his career), he's going to struggle. At the moment the only weapon in his armoury is a weak leg-cutter. He tries to get the odd ball to move onto the right-hander - but this happens about once in 3-4 matches. Consequently any time he tries to bowl a full length, with the lack of movement at his pace he's easily driven. So he goes back to bowling short and become defensive.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

have to say.....Daemon is a worthy replacement for Teja

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16 View Post
    I doubt dropping any of these players will do much good. This Indian team is struggling for one simple reason - an unimaginative and lacklustre bowling attack that lacks the ability to intimidate.

I realize the batsmen have done terrible, but the Australians and England have bowled pretty well, utilized the swing and bounce to dismiss quality batsmen. The Indian bowling attack is a complete joke, in the past they could rely on a couple of spinners to win them test matches, but without a penetrative bowling attack you simply do not have a shot at winning test matches against quality opponents.

I think far too much blame has been placed on the Indian batsmen here, although they are struggling, if India had Australias bowling attack, they would be dismissing the Australian side for lower totals aswell, and you would have potential for a semi competitive series.

It is pretty cliché, but you can have a world class batting line up in form, but without quality strike bowlers, you have no chance in test cricket.

I understand Indians find it hard to produce good fast bowlers, maybe they should exhaust more resources in unearthing some more spinning talent, Australian wickets are actually spinner friendly as they offer good bounce, and I can't think of anything else that would make India a consistently top test playing nation.
    Bur batting has always been India's strength. The bowling has never been outstanding. The failure of the batting makes the bowling look even worse than it actually is

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Whatever they do it is going to get worse before it gets better as they will struggle without the big stars anyway while the new players adapt to test cricket.

Trouble is Kohli and Raina don't look up to it so there is big pressure on whoever else they pick.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Time to move the team to Albuquerque imo.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

why wasn't Rohit Sharma picked in this match?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    have to say.....Daemon is a worthy replacement for Teja
    What..? Teja's a knowledgeable guy, I just spew **** all over the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    What..? Teja's a knowledgeable guy, I just spew **** all over the forums.
    At least your entertainment value = Teja's entertainment value. And some of your jokes are quite funny. Yes, that is a compliment.

Intellectually though, between you and Teja, it might be different story

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information