• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes To Indian Team in Next Series Onwards

sachin200

U19 12th Man
Discuss....

I'd drop

Dravid, Laxman
Ishant :@:@, Vinay (will never pick that trundler :thumbdown)
Sehwag
Dhoni (drop him as Test captain atleast :@)

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I think you have to look at who's in front of the selectors eyes.

i.e. What is likely to be the ODI line up that plays in the tri series?

Himannv

International Coach
Dropping Dravid after a couple of bad games is insane, he was their only good player in England. Would sooner drop Tendulkar than Dravid.

Spark

Global Moderator
All very well saying you'd drop x y z but it's not worth much if you don't suggest who takes their spot.

benchmark00

All very well saying you'd drop x y z but it's not worth much if you don't suggest who takes their spot.
Yeah I think that's the thing.

I think Rohit will/should come in, and as always I think that will be at the expense of VVS.

I will not rest until I see Duncan Fletcher's name written on a donkey in downtown Mumbai though.

Spikey

Sack everyone.

You don't play another overseas tour for ages so there's no rush. I will say though that Dravid is looking like the first of the big 3 to go now

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Kick out all the old guys bar tendulkar and Sehwag for home games. Make Praveen Kumar the captain. Make Kumble the coach. Bring back Harby (yeah he's not a great spinner anymore but at least he knows how to scrap) and forget this seam bowling direction for now. India's strength has always been spinners, and should still be spinners.

Ensure that players have to meet specific fitness standards before being allowed to play.

Grow a spine.

Learn how to bat/bowl better.

Last edited:

Daemon

I'd drop Ishant/Yadav for Praveen (when he's fit) and VVS for Rohit, assuming he fails to make an impact in this series. Pujara comes in in the event that one of Kohli or Sharma fail.

Wouldn't drop Sachin/Dravid. We've all misjudged them in the past and I think it's best left to them when they think they should leave the game.

Oh and of course, drop Mithun from the squad and bring in Irfan.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
I'd drop Ishant/Yadav for Praveen (when he's fit) and VVS for Rohit, assuming he fails to make an impact in this series. Pujara comes in in the event that one of Kohli or Sharma fail.
Nah, keep Yadav and Kohli imo. Both good finds who will probably come good in time.

Spark

Global Moderator
I've seen enough of Kohli to think he can definitely play at Test level tbh. Just needs to learn how to knuckle down and play a proper Test innings, his technique looks decent enough.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, keep Yadav and Kohli imo. Both good finds who will probably come good in time.
Praveen should definitely be playing when he's fit though. Maybe not in Australia, but certainly everywhere else. If Yadav has to stay than Sharma has to go, really. Although I suppose it's a moot point as Zaheer isn't really fit all that often so they need three non-Zaheer seamers anyway.

NasserFan207

Praveen is also a useful lower order batsman. Zaheer is completely ****house with the bat these days, and without Ashwin/Harby that tail looks very juicy to an opposing bowler.

Noble One

Zaheer not breaking down with injury is near the only thing that has worked for India on this tour. The only bowler who I would class as threatening today for India.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's a difficult question to answer when I'm not sure who their opponents will be or in what conditions.

Something has to give though, India picking 4 quicks was madness though, particularly when you factor in Ashwin's batting.

Laxman looks like the guy who might have to make way, it's really difficult to have 3 batsman over 37 when your batting is not firing and your team is losing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Praveen is also a useful lower order batsman. Zaheer is completely ****house with the bat these days, and without Ashwin/Harby that tail looks very juicy to an opposing bowler.
Well Ashwin not playing was a one-off really. India won't go in spinner-less anywhere else in the world.