• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mervyn Westfield Is A ****

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Why should he get a life ban. Butt and co didn't. And again jail is too much. Hope he gets a fine and should get a 5 year ban.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why should he get a life ban. Butt and co didn't. And again jail is too much. Hope he gets a fine and should get a 5 year ban.
Jail as the Pakistan players got jail and if he doesn't then the cries of racism etc will be unbelievable. I hope ECB makes a stance and bans him for life. Just my personal opinion.

uvelocity

International Coach
Jail as the Pakistan players got jail and if he doesn't then the cries of racism etc will be unbelievable. I hope ECB makes a stance and bans him for life. Just my personal opinion.
Agree with you. Don't think it necessarily works like that, and actually would really prefer to see the kids let out rather than chucking another one in.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I guess the ban is then up to the ECB, but he should get a 5 year ban from ICC (they all should have got a life ban) for the consistency. Maybe the PCB should also think about life bans for the trio.

But I have always though that jail for something like this is excessive.

Xuhaib

International Coach
will ICC be sending 1204 recommendations to ECB on how to restructure English cricket?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll be consistent on what I said about last year's trial and say he should get a life ban, but not a prison sentence.