• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mervyn Westfield Is A ****

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just read this on the cricinfo feed for the 3rd England/Windies ODI:

cricinfo said:
11.45am BREAKING NEWS: Former Pakistan international Danish Kaneria has been found guilty on two charges by an ECB disciplinary hearing into spot-fixing. The panel said of Kaneria's evidence: "We consider in many respects his evidence simply does not stand up to scrutiny and is plainly lies." They conclude that "Kaneria knowingly induced Mervyn Westfield not to perform on his merits in the Durham match [where he agreed to concede 12 runs in an over in September 2009]. It is self evident that such conduct brings the game of cricket and cricketers into disrepute." Sanctions are to follow...
Yikes.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NHoultCricket:
Any ban for Kaneria will be worldwide. All boards have agreed to honour bans handed down by a fellow governing body

Didn't know that came in. Not sure how I feel about it

Spark

Global Moderator
1) DK knew who Anu Bhatt was ("Indian businessman known by ACSU as allegedly being heavily involved in illegal betting")

2) Kaneria acted as a recruiter of spot fixers for Anu Bhatt [notice the plural]

3) Kaneria approached a number of what he saw as potential targets at Essex

4) Kaneria introduced Bhatt to Westfield with the intention that Westfield should be recruited into spot fixing

5) Thereafter, Kaneria cajoled and pressurised Westfield into becoming involved, well knowing that he was young and vulnerable

6) Kaneria was present at the meeting in Durham with Westfield and two Asian men – one of whom was Anu Bhatt

7) Kaneria was present when Westfield was paid out by the Asian men [£6,000 in the back of Kaneria's car]
fmd.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Please change the name of the thread to Danish Kenaria is a ****, since he was the force behind the whole thing and Westfield was just a dumb ****.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kaneria on SSN:

* ECB have no proof
* It wasn't fair
* My case was excellent
* They believe Westfield's lies
* I came all the way from Pakistan to tell the truth
* It was not a fair trial
* I don't know why I was found guilty
* It wasn't fair
* I am telling the truth
* It wasn't fair
* I think he said it wasn't fair again
* It's because I come from Pakistan
* I thought I would get a fair hearing
* It was an injustice
* I am an honest man
* I will prove my innocence
* I am innocent
* I am not guilty
* I have not done anything wrong in my life

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kaneria on SSN:

* ECB have no proof
* It wasn't fair
* My case was excellent
* It wasn't fair
* I am telling the truth
* It wasn't fair
* It was an injustice
* I am an honest man
* I am innocent
* I am not guilty
I have to listen to a lot of this sort of crap - but the bolded line always makes me lose the will to live, as roughly translated it means "I learnt my story and told it to the best of my ability so why did they see through it?"

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I have to listen to a lot of this sort of crap - but the bolded line always makes me lose the will to live, as roughly translated it means "I learnt my story and told it to the best of my ability so why did they see through it?"
Haha, I'm sure every criminal that has been found guilty thinks this.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kaneria on SSN:

* ECB have no proof
* It wasn't fair
* My case was excellent
* It wasn't fair
* I am telling the truth
* It wasn't fair
* It was an injustice
* I am an honest man
* I am innocent
* I am not guilty
Should add "Check out my teeth. I could gnaw on an apple through a tennis racquet.