• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mervyn Westfield Is A ****

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spikey quoting Twitter. Unusual.
I could use plenty of quotes I've got from your mother but this is a family forum

"Westfield's team found an expert who said he was not underperforming when he conceded 12 runs against Durham in first over"

Possible sig

Spikey

More tweets cause the players of Essex are ****s

Richard DJ Edwards @Cricketer_RDJ
Cricketers at Essex "turned a blind eye" to Kaneria's fixing approaches. No one reported him despite many players being approached

DJ Edwards Richard DJ Edwards @Cricketer_RDJ
Coach Paul Grayson also admits that he had heard within the club that Kaneria would talk

DJ Edwards Richard DJ Edwards @Cricketer_RDJ
BREAKING Kaneria also approached opening batsman Varun Chopra

Richard DJ Edwards Richard DJ Edwards @Cricketer_RDJ
Pettini said in statement he'd never taken K seriously, despite claims he knew people who would pay considerable money to influence matches

BREAKING Kaneria talked openly about fixing in front of Essex captain Mark Pettini, vice captain James Foster and David Masters

ajdude

International Coach
**** from reading all of @Cricketer_RDJ's tweets sounds like this thread should just be renamed to "danish kaneria is a ****ing ****"

then mervyn westfield releases a cover of "i might be a ****, but i'm not a ****ing ****"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BREAKING Kaneria talked openly about fixing in front of Essex captain Mark Pettini, vice captain James Foster and David Masters
That doesn't reflect well on Essex at all.

Spikey

four months in prison/'will serve at least two months in jail, and will then be released on licence'

Spikey

now let's cross to current Essex player Tymal Mills for his thoughts on this: Shiiiiiiit, Mervs gone down! 4 months in prison.

Thank you Tymal.

Spikey

They deleted a tweet they made during the hearing: "Job opportunity at Essex Cricket! http://www.essexcricket.org.uk/news/168/129/Essex-Cricket-Retail--Job-Opportunity/"

Stunning

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Nah, I was just surprised that he got less. It's good news though. I don't think jail is right for this. Now they should reduce Butt's and Asif's term.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why should they? Westfield got less but he failed to reach his set limits.

Butt and Asif are far more corrupt and IMO have still gotten off lightly from the whole thing.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Nah them two don't have the excuse that they are simple Essex folk (believe me when I say they are simple).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I could use plenty of quotes I've got from your mother but this is a family forum

"Westfield's team found an expert who said he was not underperforming when he conceded 12 runs against Durham in first over"

Possible sig
:laugh:

Can imagine them arguing in court about how **** at cricket their client usually was. Classic.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
They probably are more corrupt, no doubt about that. But I have always thought jail was harsh.

But Westfield's case did defraud the bookies, whereas no-ball gate didn't. So technically his was worse.