• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mervyn Westfield Is A ****

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
But PCB could be involved in spot fixing itself. People like Ijaz Butt could have orchestrated the whole thing, which is why the ICC should be worried about them. Whereas the ECB isn't involved.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting - I'd argue that this offence is actually much more serious than the Pakistani three on the basis that real punters lost real money, not to mention that the natural course of the game was actually manipulated

He only got 6k which is, of course, a lot less than the Pakistanis but I don't think that makes a lot of difference - Based on those recent precedents, and depending on how timely his guilty plea actually is when all the circumstances are taken into account (I'm treating it as a last ditch one but it may not be) he should get three years, but I doubt very much whether he will.

As to what he should get I think he probably should go down, but for a term measured in months rather than years

Xuhaib

International Coach
on what basis do you make the assumption that PCB orchestrated the whole thing while ECB is squeaky clean?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Far worse than anything the Pakistanis did so must be looking down the gun-barrel at a 10 year stretch in jail

In other news, you get less for manslaughter

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I am just saying that it looks far worse for the PCB. Having Zardari as the patron and the staff with shady pasts (Ijaz Ahmad). Plus if the ECB was involved they would spot an international rather than a domestic game.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scott Coyte has starred throughout the BigBash ****

#PerformancesForNSWAreUnderReviewTho

benchmark00

THE FACE OF A KILLER.

FYI, a little research into Westy shows that he is exactly one year younger than me.

#sharingbirthdayswithcriminals

Spikey

I heard some guy got killed in New York City and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, Skidmark?

Jacknife

International Captain
Wouldn't be surprised if gets to spend a few months inside, if the others are anything to go on maybe a year, since he pleaded guilty.
I reckon the ECB will ban him from the game as well just to take a tough stance on it.

flibbertyjibber

Far worse than anything the Pakistanis did so must be looking down the gun-barrel at a 10 year stretch in jail

In other news, you get less for manslaughter
Very true but crimes involving money always have ridiculously tough sentences. It is all arse about face. He'd get about 6 months for fiddling with kids.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, should be a longer ban than the three Pakistan bowlers given this was matchfixing as opposed to spotfixing

That being said, I felt spotfixing should carry a life ban as well, but regardless of that there is no need for them to be consistent as it is not the same offence.