• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any gamblers on here?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Apologies if talking about sports betting is not the done thing here. I put some money on Khan being the top wicket taker in the Aussie first innings (at $3) and was wondering if I should be ashamed or not.

uvelocity

International Coach
what's yadav paying?

edit 3.25 same as sharma. tendulkar 41 :ph34r:

not much value there I don't think. Can't see the option - no wickets taken. Good value at $1.10 if you can get it.

I'm going to plonk $20 on Cowan at $6.50. And $10 on Rhino @ $3.50

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
OP why would you be ashamed?

Love sports betting. You need to be disciplined on it though.

Best cricket bet I ever made was £100 on Cook topscoring in the last ashes.

uvelocity don't like that Cowan bet tbh.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
OP why would you be ashamed?

uvelocity don't like that Cowan bet tbh.
haha but you think sobers is indian and you're a fan of putin!

he's a roughy but the harris covers him. I think Harris is v.good value at 3.50

NasserFan207

I don't think Sobers is Indian, though I do love Putin WAG.

Well Harris is a weird one because usually I never like to bet on guys returning from injury, but that's the only time Harris ever plays, so I dunno lol.

Edit: Btw dude in that other thread I meant Kallis would be one of India's greatest fast bowlers. If he was Indian. Wasn't talking about Sobers.

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yadav paying $3.75 at New Zealand's TAB.

@ NasserFan: not ashamed of betting, but possibly ashamed of making a stupid bet; I don't know how good Yadav is, that's why I thought a bet on Khan might not be so good.

Cowan at $6.50 sounds okay, he looks steady enough at the crease to put up a big score, and if Khan gets injured again he pretty much has free run to bat all day.

NasserFan207

It could be argued that it encourages match-fixing. Don't really see an issue as long as you are betting with a reputable agency.
10 dollars on someone topscoring doesn't encourage ****, the match/spot fixing comes from professional gangsters making 6 figure bets.

uvelocity

International Coach
putinfan207 I didn't actually think you thought that, but I definitely read it that way. Thought you had a mistyping moment. Kallis would for sho be one of their best quicks were he indian.

btw what was the collect on cook?

Himannv

International Coach
I do enjoy gambling. My ex-girlfriend and I used to play a wicked round of strip poker. Unfortunately she finally won a round which left me in the starkers and made me swear off gambling forever. Gamble responsibly and try to keep your clothes on people.

NasserFan207

putinfan207 I didn't actually think you thought that, but I definitely read it that way. Thought you had a mistyping moment. Kallis would for sho be one of their best quicks were he indian.

btw what was the collect on cook?
Somewhere in the region of £1300. Not that much but I just felt so proud of the call, lol

Challis

U19 12th Man

Best bet I ever made was Mushfiqur Rahim to score more runs than Shakib in the first innings of the 1st Test against West Indies a few months back.
The best thing about it was that at the time I placed the bet, Shakib was out for 40 and Mushfiqur was not out on 68 :laugh:

uvelocity

International Coach
interesting bet for me was at the last world cup, after India posted a big score and the poms were written off I put money on the poms at half time. Match ended up tied. WAC.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
interesting bet for me was at the last world cup, after India posted a big score and the poms were written off I put money on the poms at half time. Match ended up tied. WAC.
Haha. You would have got your money's worth in excitement though, surely. Did you at least get a refund for the tie?

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah got a refund. was gloating for a while, they looked like they would win remember, called match fixing after iirc :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apologies if talking about sports betting is not the done thing here. I put some money on Khan being the top wicket taker in the Aussie first innings (at $3) and was wondering if I should be ashamed or not.
Lots of punters here, myself included. Discussion of it is usually done inside the tour threads which is why you can't find any other threads on the matter.

No need to be ashamed; sounds like a value bet to me.