• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Combined Associate and Affiliate (AM) XI v England. January 7-9, 2012

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Click here for the linky to the following article.

Excerpt said:
A selection of the leading Associate and Affiliate players, led by Ireland captain William Porterfield, will get their chance to compete against England, the No. 1 Test team in the world, next month January after it was confirmed they will form part of England's preparations for the Test series against Pakistan in the UAE

ICC Combined AM XI squad

William Porterfield (captain, Ireland), Saqib Ali (UAE), Kyle Coetzer (Scotland), George Dockrell (Ireland), Majid Haq (Scotland), Hamid Hassan (Afghanistan), Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan), Boyd Rankin (Ireland), Mohammad Shahzad (Afghanistan), Paul Stirling (Ireland), Christi Viljoen (Namibia) and Craig Williams (Namibia)
Starts tomorrow, what do you guys hope for/expect? Should this be an annual fixture?

I think it's a bright idea, although the squad is missing some huge names (Ryan Ten Doeschate, for one, perhaps because he was born/raised in SA), but I'm sure there are reasons behind no Dutch selections.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Do the players in the ICC XI have any other commitments or is it just this one game?
Its just this game, don't think I'm the only one who'd like to see a 'combined associates side' on the international scene more often though. Give these guys some exposure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stream has started up at an outfit called quipu.tv. Costs a tenner to watch, thus sucessfully making sure hardly anyone watches it, so that's handy.

Edit: hasn't actually started yet. Due to start 6am so I thought they'd have done the toss or something.

Last edited: