• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Combined Associate and Affiliate (AM) XI v England. January 7-9, 2012

Spark

Global Moderator
His 6/17 against Pakistan was a bit of a one-off that merely confirmed what everyone "knew" about Anderson. In the Flower era, Broad has Anderson's SR covered in England.
Hmm. I've still seen him produce enough absurd deliveries at will throughout an entire spell on enough occasions in the past 18 months to think that he still knows how to simply annhiliate a batting lineup in very short order. Granted, Broad may now be doing that more often but that doesn't mean Anderson doesn't have that ability. He still knows how to be the destroyer. I think it was OS@P who said that more than any other bowler, Anderson is one of the greatest jaffa-machines he's seen.

Although in the end I do agree that line/length is now his stock MO. More important than how to be the destroyer is when to be the destroyer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
226/8.

Slogging continues but he isn't really connecting. Viljoen looks pretty solid. Definitely a pitch where bowling is a tough ask.

This stream doesn't have anything but the innings score in the top corner and one camera at the pavilion end.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swanneh's got a bit of tap. Guess the twirlers are more likely to when the big tailenders are having a mow.

One more run for Rankin's best FC score, ftr.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yes, you have let an associate XI make 230. What will Pak make I wonder on conditions they are suited to. Your no1 spinner is getting tonked around as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes, you have let an associate XI make 230. What will Pak make I wonder on conditions they are suited to. Your no1 spinner is getting tonked around as well.
We let Western Australia make runs in our first tour game before the Ashes. IIRC that series turned out fine.

Obviously we're playing to win but the result isn't as important as the practice.