• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Combined Associate and Affiliate (AM) XI v England. January 7-9, 2012

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Been a good work out for England. Possibly raised more questions than has provided answers (Morgan's form in particular worrying, especially with the longer tail we'll be sporting with Bres's demise), but I think the Ass/affs have more than justified the love. Hope the team is given more fixtures on the strength of this.

Jacknife

International Captain
Caught a fair bit of the game round at mates place and tbh I thought England did well to chase down the 260 in 60 overs, obviously you'd have liked KP & Morgan to get more runs but I'm not worried, especially seeing Strauss get some runs under his belt.

Gutted about Bresnan, sort of changes the team dynamics a bit and of course every time he plays we win fact. Obviously now they'll give Tremmers a go next game because he must be next in line if he's fully fit.

As a whole they looked like what they are, a team that hasn't played a in a few months but they still found a way to win which I like, reminded me a bit of the first tour game in the Ashes here no one really convinced with the bat except Strauss in the second dig.

Jacknife

International Captain
But before, his breathtaking performances were confined to single matches, single innings if you like.

India was a turning point.
Yes never really done it for more than a inning tbf never mind a whole series. You could see watching him today, he was still bowling that really nice length that he found against the Indians and just looks like he will get a load of wickets to me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Has been/probably will always be

Bresnan - Howe
Tremmers - you
Broad - Corrin possibly
Swann & Jimmeh - I'm claiming
Huge Jimmy fan here but I'm defo Broad's longest serving fan on these forums, at least of people with a few posts

Xuhaib

International Coach
would not mind Pakistan loosing to England but would hate to see us getting owned by barbie.