• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Combined Associate and Affiliate (AM) XI v England. January 7-9, 2012

Howe_zat

Audio File
The stream isn't currently working for anyone, but Quipu haven't apologised, haven't ofered anything towards an explanation or even recognised there is a problem, but instead are giving us light-hearted commentary on a match we can't watch.

@quiputv said:
well the game has started and the match is underway! who do you fancy to win this? #cricket
Dunno, Quipu. Maybe I could offer you an informed opinion if I could watch the match I paid for.

FFS I can watch an illegal stream any day of the week without a hitch, but as soon as you try to pay for one...

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Here we go, England won the toss and elected to field, and they have dismissed Porterfield for 1.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Quipu should have offered a free stream, with ad breaks, annoying surveys or animated banners.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pathetic coverage. Lag and blackouts all over the place despite switching to a lower quality, commentary fades in and out with a buzzing noise all over the audio, score displayed but stuck on 14/3 (it's actually 23/3 now) not to mention I missed all the action earlier on. Going to take a break for a while and hope they've sorted their **** out.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I learnt about 5 years ago just because you pay for a stream it doesn't mean it will be better than the free ones.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
31/3, ouch, not a great start. Worse, according to cricinfo Rankin is batting at 7. Doesn't say much for our batting that :p

Howe_zat

Audio File
31/3, ouch, not a great start. Worse, according to cricinfo Rankin is batting at 7. Doesn't say much for our batting that :p
That's nonesense, though - Haq, Nabi and Viljoen will all bat ahead of him. Maybe Hassan too. It's actually quite a good lower order, problem is that it's about as good as the middle order.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
That's nonesense, though - Haq, Nabi and Viljoen will all bat ahead of him. Maybe Hassan too. It's actually quite a good lower order, problem is that it's about as good as the middle order.
Shahzad, the keeper is supposedly a pretty talented batsman.

Gotta hope Finn sprays!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shahzad, the keeper is supposedly a pretty talented batsman.

Gotta hope Finn sprays!
yeah i have seen him bat he's a Dhoni clone.I thought him and Hamid Hassan are two cricketers Pakistan should try poaching.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyway, another one down and it doesn't seem like much of a game. Williamson doing well against Anderson but that's about it. Considering how many runs have come from edges behind square, and how wicket-taking in the desert is supposed to be such hard work, I doubt there's to be much to shout about here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad seems to be bizarrely good on dry-ish pitches which are supposed to be rubbish for pace bowling. This is another example, apparently.

EDIT: Either that or he still thinks he's bowling against India.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Swann flying all over the park. 11 conceded from his first over.

EDIT: Just noticed Davies in the line up. Why would he travel to the UAE? According to Wikipedia,
***ual relations outside of a traditional, heterosexual marriage are a crime and punishments range from jail time, fines, deportation, and the death penalty. A person may also face forced hormone treatments which may include chemical castration.

Last edited: