• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you now like Michael Clarke?

Do you know like Michael Clarke?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Growing on me, tbh.

I'll never be an actual fan, but his captaincy has been very tidy so far. If he manages a few more lolgenius leaves and claims a few less catches on the bounce his ascent will continue.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not much. The attractiveness of his batting is over-rated. He's generally irritating.

But I don't hate him in the visceral way that I've hated so many other Crim players over the years, and to his eternal credit he chose to spend time with Ms Bingle rather than hang around for a late-night Team Hug.

Howe_zat

Audio File
His Newlands innings a far better reason to like him afaic. If you weren't keen on him after that I don't see why this would sway you.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always been a fan since he played for Hampshire, did not do brilliantly with us but showed more than enough talent.

Think he is great to watch and has been very unfairly derided by many.

Woodster

International Captain
I don't think he's a particularly attractive strokeplayer to watch, though I know many disagree with me there. His innings at Newlands though was outstanding and his cricketing pedigree went up in my eyes with that knock. His century at the Gabba against NZ was also one of high quality.

Don't mind him tbh, decent Test batsman, comes across pretty well in the interviews, generally has a smile on his face and his captaincy has been very good so far.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think he's a particularly attractive strokeplayer to watch, though I know many disagree with me there. His innings at Newlands though was outstanding and his cricketing pedigree went up in my eyes with that knock. His century at the Gabba against NZ was also one of high quality.

Don't mind him tbh, decent Test batsman, comes across pretty well in the interviews, generally has a smile on his face and his captaincy has been very good so far.
Watch yesterday's last session, defy anyone not to enjoy that.

Off topic but who do you find an attractive strokeplayer? Clarke along with Bell and Amla the best around at the present time for me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Watch yesterday's last session, defy anyone not to enjoy that.

Off topic but who do you find an attractive strokeplayer? Clarke along with Bell and Amla the best around at the present time for me.
I've always loved watching Bell bat but the other two would be way down the list for me. I'm kinda weird though in general with this.

juro

U19 12th Man
Always liked him as a cricketer. Couldn't give a stuff what he gets up to off the field. Gossip mags are not my scene...