• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Sachin misses out on 100 centuries

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know its almost impossible and he will surely score the elusive one but say if for some reason he retires with 99 centuries, will this stat develop the same legacy as Bradman's 99.94 average or it will be forgotten as a meaningless PR machine made up stat ?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I know its almost impossible and he will surely score the elusive one but say if for some reason he retires with 99 centuries, will this stat develop the same legacy as Bradman's 99.94 average or it will be forgotten as a meaningless PR machine made up stat ?
It won't be forgotten because of how much hype there's been for it, so yeah if by some miracle he doesn't get another international hundred I see it being treated as a similar stat.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neither, it would go down as the funniest thing ever to have happened. No exceptions.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Xuhaib is good at anti-jinxing my Indian Friends. Be happy ;)

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see why it would be remembered if he stayed on 99. Not like he has 99 test tons is it?

This 100 100's stat is manufactured tripe of the worst nature by Indian press, BCCI and indian fans. Almost as boring as IPL.

Fusion

Global Moderator
OMG a symbolic achievement?
/shock
Haha, yeah I don’t get this resentment against this “made up record”. Pretty much all records are arbitrary and symbolic in nature. Why celebrate a century to begin with? What does it matter in the grand scheme of things if someone scored a 99 as opposed to a 100? Yet we do give recognition to that extra run. If you are going to celebrate records, then this is just another one to appreciate. Relax, no one besides fan boys (that are never respected anyway) are proclaiming him the GREATEST EVER because of this. Give the man his due (well, when he eventually scores the century that is).

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, yeah I don’t get this resentment against this “made up record”. Pretty much all records are arbitrary and symbolic in nature. Why celebrate a century to begin with? What does it matter in the grand scheme of things if someone scored a 99 as opposed to a 100? Yet we do give recognition to that extra run. If you are going to celebrate records, then this is just another one to appreciate. Relax, no one besides fan boys (that are never respected anyway) are proclaiming him the GREATEST EVER because of this. Give the man his due (well, if he eventually scores the century that is).
Corrected. ;)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Weird how people who supposedly don't care about the record get worked up over it. I don't like ODIs - so I stop watching and participating in those threads once they start....

All achievements matter only in the context of whether you choose to care about them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
May get annoying that when you don't care you get it rammed down your throat by all facets of the media regardless tbh.

Not that this is my position, but I can see why it would grate.