• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 against ALL test playing nations

kingkallis

International Coach
Jacques Kallis scored a magnificent 100 against Sri Lanka @ Newlands. That's his 1st test century against Sri Lanka which puts him in the category of very few batsmen who scored 100 against ALL test playing nations.

Gary Kirsten
Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Marvan Atapattu
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Mahela Jayawardene
Adam Gilchrist
Kumara Sangakkara ( scored 150 against ALL teams )
Jacques Kallis

I think I am missing someone...dont really remember who!

Champs who couldnt achieve it ( not yet!! ) :

Kevin Pietersen ( No ton against BD - HS 99 )
Inzamam-ul-Haq ( No ton against SAF - HS 96 )
Mohammad Yusuf ( No ton against SAF - HS 83 )
Matthew Hayden ( No ton against BD - HS 72 )
Ali Cook ( No ton against NZL - HS 61 )
Micheal Clarke ( No ton against BD - HS 23* )
Micheal Vaughan ( No ton against ZIM - HS 20 )
Ian Bell ( Did not play against the ZIM )

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Jacques Kallis scored a magnificent 100 against Sri Lanka @ Newlands. That's his 1st test century against Sri Lanka which puts him in the category of very few batsmen who scored 100 against ALL test playing nations.

Gary Kirsten
Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Marvan Atapattu
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Mahela Jayawardene
Adam Gilchrist
Jacques Kallis

Are we allowing weight gain in specific countries to count?

Howe_zat

Audio File
A function of how much they play against all teams, I daresay. No surprise to see those who are one short have missed out against the sides they'll barely play.

Himannv

International Coach
Kallis has been a fantastic batsman for too long now and deserves this.

Bangladesh seem to have stymied a few players from achieveing this.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man

Gary Kirsten
Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Marvan Atapattu
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Mahela Jayawardene
Adam Gilchrist
Jacques Kallis

Do you have a consistent rule here on Zimbabwe, given that they've only just regained test status? Bell's ton at Trent bridge gave him a complete set of eight at the time.

smash84

The Tiger King
I looked up Javed Miandad's record and he doesn't have a ton against the Zimbos. What a loser :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A century against every test playing country is a pretty meaningless thing to be honest. 5 centuries against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or the West Indies team from a few years ago are hardly comparable in achievement to one against a half decent side in a series which actually means something/

Furball

Evil Scotsman
A century against every test playing country is a pretty meaningless thing to be honest. 5 centuries against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or the West Indies team from a few years ago are hardly comparable in achievement to one against a half decent side in a series which actually means something/
Haha, the fact Pietersen's missing from this list because he's only scored 99 against Bangladesh tells you everything about how meaningless this record is.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
Haha, the fact Pietersen's missing from this list because he's only scored 99 against Bangladesh tells you everything about how meaningless this record is.
He hasn't faced Zimbabwe either. Having said that, I don't see why it renders the achievement "meaningless" - the fact that he hasn't been prepared to knuckle down & score the ton is hardly something to be praised.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, it's neither to be praised or condemned. A player does not suddenly become crap, nor does his record become meaningless because he's not scored a century against a crap team.

Let's say he finishes his career with an average in the mid 50s having scored over 10,000 runs (not that this is likely to happen) but it's not like someone would then go "wait wait...he's no good, look at this, no century against Zimbabwe! tut tut",

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He hasn't faced Zimbabwe either. Having said that, I don't see why it renders the achievement "meaningless" - the fact that he hasn't been prepared to knuckle down & score the ton is hardly something to be praised.
Yeah, never mind his Ashes exploits or his double ton against India to help England to number 1 in the world. He hasn't scored a ton against Bangladesh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's a meaningful achievement definitely - but like with many achievements it's a function of both time, your opportunities to play everyone, and being consiststant.