• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do You Hate Gautam Gambhir

thread title

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir is a gun character. Won us two world cups. Haters can suck it.
+ was no. 1 in ICC test rankings once...

His technique has undergone a huge change for the worse, though. Now, he needs to sort his technical problems working hard at the nets, or he'll go the Ganguly line in test cricket, at best.

smash84

The Tiger King
hate might be a strong word but he is definitely far from likeable......

found the gambhiring thread to be quite funny

Xuhaib

International Coach
don't hate people if I don't know them personally unless its personalities like Bin Laden, Hitler or Altaf Hussain. However its fair to say he's one cricketer who I enjoy see failing.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I'm of the same school of thought as the previous two posters. Hate is a very strong word to use for a stranger. "Do you hate Gautam Gambhir?" to me translates as "do you want to put a bullet through Gautam Gambhir's head?". The answer is I don't.

Sir Ian Terence Botham is the closest I'd ever come to physically hating a cricketer and even then I'd want him to live a long, fulfilling life preferably away from the commentary box. :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm of the same school of thought as the previous two posters. Hate is a very strong word to use for a stranger. "Do you hate Gautam Gambhir?" to me translates as "do you want to put a bullet through Gautam Gambhir's head?". The answer is I don't.

Sir Ian Terence Botham is the closest I'd ever come to physically hating a cricketer and even then I'd want him to live a long, fulfilling life preferably away from the commentary box. :)
I think I can hate people without wanting them dead. I don't think that's what hate means to spikey either.

But yes it is a strong word.

Himannv

International Coach
I get the feeling that the sun shines so much brighter when he fails to score runs. I find myself on cloud nine and ecstatic about the coming day when his name is not in the team sheet ahead of mornings play. I would like to state with a great deal of clarity and a heart filled with pride that I truly and passionately hate Gautam Gambhir.

smash84

The Tiger King
I get the feeling that the sun shines so much brighter when he fails to score runs. I find myself on cloud nine and ecstatic about the coming day when his name is not in the team sheet ahead of mornings play. I would like to state with a great deal of clarity and a heart filled with pride that I truly and passionately hate Gautam Gambhir.
:laugh:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
What happened to the project 'lets force Dinesh Kartik to be a Test standard opener'?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No. If I was not an Indian fan I probably would dislike him, but it's hard to dislike a guy who stepped up for your country twice in World Cup finals and went a long way to ensuring they won.

It's looking likely he just had a purple patch as a test cricketer. However he may be down on form, who knows. People say it's a pitch/bounce thing, but he's been failing in India too. He just seems totally lost as a cricketer right now.