Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 171

Thread: Is Virat Kohli test material?

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Captain sudhindra9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    132

    Is Virat Kohli test material?

    Looks like Virat won't score unless you give him a no-swing no-extra bounce surface. Do you think India should give him a long run in test cricket? Or Cheteshwar Pujara and Manoj Tiwary? Aren't they better test players?
    I would like to watch bowlers dominate batsmen like a dog would a tail-wagging contest against a rabbit. Which means I spend most of my days fuming and cursing the game. The Newlands Test between South Africa and Australia has vindicated my belief that batsmen are a bunch of weak-minded, inept fools only good for waving about sponsor logos.

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    23,425
    I think Kohli will be a good player at home BUT

    he just hasn't got the right technique to succeed at test level away from home. Pujara and Sharma are better options.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

  3. #3
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    #FreeShri
    Posts
    71,731
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    I think Kohli will be a good player at home BUT

    he just hasn't got the right technique to succeed at test level away from home. Pujara and Sharma are better options.
    How would we know? He keeps getting out before we get a decent look at him
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  4. #4
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,117
    Na he's ****


  5. #5
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    the guy's trash bro
    Posts
    49,141
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

    Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

  6. #6
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    #FreeShri
    Posts
    71,731
    He was wearing that outfit at practice today.

  7. #7
    International Coach Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,124
    As I posted in the tour thread.

    People are being too harsh on Kohli. Give him some time to bed in even the current Kohli will average mid 50's in sub cont and mid 30's abroad giving him a cumulative average of mid to late 40's which is still very good and if he improves his overseas play he will be a genuine 50+ avg batsman imo. I agree his game is tailored towards batting on slow and less moving tracks, the way he premeditates on the middle stump and brings his bat down in an arc will get him in to trouble on seaming and swinging conditions however he is not a hopeless case like Raina and there is every bit possibility he can improve.

    Its not easy for a sub cont batsman to adjust to new conditions young Sachin was a freak he scored heavily in all his first away tours people should just remeber Inzi's first tour to England and Dravid's first trip to Australia to see how difficult it is to make adjustments.

  8. #8
    International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,641
    As much as I'm enjoying him not succeeding currently, I'd enjoy it much more if he found a way to reinvent himself and set the test world alight at some point in the future. He's still young.

  9. #9
    International Vice-Captain NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    4,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    As I posted in the tour thread.

    People are being too harsh on Kohli. Give him some time to bed in even the current Kohli will average mid 50's in sub cont and mid 30's abroad giving him a cumulative average of mid to late 40's which is still very good and if he improves his overseas play he will be a genuine 50+ avg batsman imo. I agree his game is tailored towards batting on slow and less moving tracks, the way he premeditates on the middle stump and brings his bat down in an arc will get him in to trouble on seaming and swinging conditions however he is not a hopeless case like Raina and there is every bit possibility he can improve.

    Its not easy for a sub cont batsman to adjust to new conditions young Sachin was a freak he scored heavily in all his first away tours people should just remeber Inzi's first tour to England and Dravid's first trip to Australia to see how difficult it is to make adjustments.
    Inclined to agree. Not sure he'll average 50+ but Kohli has the potential to be a class test batsman.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

  10. #10
    International Debutant MrPrez's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,422
    I want to see Raina. Class off spin bowler

  11. #11
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    354
    Kholi has major attitude issues. Unless he gets his temperament sorted out he can't succeed at test cricket.

  12. #12
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,574
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him being tried as an opener in the near future. Well, one of him or Rohit.

  13. #13
    School Boy/Girl Captain sudhindra9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him being tried as an opener in the near future. Well, one of him or Rohit.
    Opener? Struggling against quality out swing and you want him to open?!!

  14. #14
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,968
    Williamson > Kohli as a Test batsman - Oh yes

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,961
    We may find out a bit more about him today.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The CW50 - No.20-11
    By The Sean in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 13-12-2009, 02:49 AM
  2. **Official** England in New Zealand
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6035
    Last Post: 17-04-2008, 01:38 PM
  3. CW XI Test History
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Statistics and Records
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29-11-2007, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •