• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you prefer watching a paceman or a spinner rip through a side?

Who would you rather see at peak performance?

• Total voters

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
And do you think this is because what you bowl yourself? I bowled wide of the crease with swing so I always liked watching Akram do what he did, and couldn't appreciate Warne as much as my fellows beause I just had no clue how he did it. Watching Akram was like watching a magician; watching Warne was like walking a classic movie in another language.

This didn't change over the years as I came to watch Bond, and we still never developed a spinner who could truly bamboozle a side, as Murali did to us on several occassions.

Eds

International Debutant
As much as I love spin bowling (and I do prefer it to fast bowling, in general) - watching a fast bowler rip through a lineup is one of the best things in cricket.

EDIT: The title question is different to the poll title. WAC.

Flem274*

123/5
Any really, but I voted medium pacer because it's the funniest. Nothing like the commentators getting outraged that someone bowling slow makes batsmen look like idiots.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sort of depends on situation and the men involved. For the most part I'd say a pace bowler running through a team is a lot more enjoyable to watch. The shattering of the stumps, the sound of a big edge.But a real joy you get from the spinner is the men around the bat and seeing the batsman be outwitted, a more cat and mouse period of play.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the assumption its through no fault of the pitch I'd rather watch the quick man run through a side. If its a poor wicket though the spinner is more interesting

howardj

International Coach
I love the chaos of a spinner ripping through a lineup.

Keeper and fieldsmen in around the bat, batsmen lunging forward cluelessly.

It's so congested and chaotic.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Like it either either way. True spinning tracks are rarer, so maybe a slight bias towards the spinners.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The paceman is better, especially a home bowler when the crowd get into it and are roaring as he charges in to bowl. Broad at Trent Bridge v India this year was a classic example of the excitement that builds when a paceman is ripping through a side.