• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you prefer watching a paceman or a spinner rip through a side?

Who would you rather see at peak performance?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think it's much more fun watching a good spinner toy with a batsman, because at that pace there's no reason why a batsman shouldn't be able to lay bat on ball.Spinners also have the opportunity to make a batsman look incredibly foolish that pacers often don't.[/URL]
Yeah I share a similar view.

Both great though obviously.

I think I prefer a contest of awesome fast bowling vs. good batting. But if the bowler is to dominate then I slightly prefer spin.

Satguru

Banned
No better sight in world cricket than an express bowler, with the crowd at his back getting louder and louder as he runs in, and sending the stumps cartwheeling. Akhtar running through New Zealand in the match in which Inzy scored 329 was amazing to watch. IIRC he bowled 5 of the NZ batsmen with inswinging yorkers. The batsmen knew a yorker was coming, but simply werent good enough to keep it out,there was a sense of inevitability about it. With a spinner, the batsmen are usually tricked into throwing their wicket away, which is nice, but doesnt really provide the spectacle of a fast bowler tearing a side to shreds.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
A pacer ripping through the side > anything in cricket combined.. And yes it is because I am a pacer myself which in turn is because Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis were pacers.