• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do runs scored in the Subcontinent really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast>spin

Banned
More specifically, do runs scored by home batsmen in the subcontinent matter? Home would include any subcontinent batsman in any subcontinent country. We will include the UAE in this analysis as well. After watching the subcontinent sides in the PAK v ENG, SL v ENG, IND v ENG, IND v RSA, SL V RSA and IND v AUS, I have come to the conclusion that subcontinental batsmen cannot bat. The only 3 batsmen I grudgingly respect are Tendulkar, Dravid and Sagakkara (in order of grudging respect).

Proposals:

-I propose discounting runs scored in their home country by any SC batsman by 25%, in another SC country by 15% and in bangladesh by 40% when judging a player's "greatness."

-I propose consolidating the SC into one country for the purposes of touring. I.E. rather than touring the SC multiple times in different countries one would just have a tri series against 2 countries at a time with perhaps 2 matches with each country and one final based on some criteria (such that draws are also taken care of). This way we can reduce the amount of times cricketers tour the subcontinent and reduce the amount of boring cricket in general.

Feedback?

P.S. I have more thoughts on the matter but I am holding them back for the time being.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Your opinion/propositions don't matter because you are not important enough. :)

Stick to watching cricket rather than proposing.

Eds

International Debutant
Excellent proposals. Or we just go the whole hog and treat competing against any side that resides in the sub-continent as a 'Second Class Test'. Considering your excellently put opinions and arguments, this should be implemented immediately.

fast>spin

Banned
Excellent proposals. Or we just go the whole hog and treat competing against any side that resides in the sub-continent as a 'Second Class Test'. Considering your excellently put opinions and arguments, this should be implemented immediately.
Sarcasm noted. That is not what I am suggesting. The SC is a fine proving ground for touring batsmen and is needed to test batting in the fourth innings of a match and against spin bowling (low quality since the retirements of kumble and muralitharan respectively). But for home batsmen it's a place to go ahead and puff up their averages while breaking fastest scoring records on the way. When you have batsmen with 0 technique or skill like Dhoni go ahead and score hundreds at blazing speed you know something is off.

Your opinion/propositions don't matter because you are not important enough. :)

Stick to watching cricket rather than proposing.
fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/ noun:

1) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
2) An Internet message board.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Only matches involving Australia, England and South Africa should have Test status.

All the rest are either SCFTB's or Minnows.

Flem274*

123/5
More specifically, do runs scored by home batsmen in the subcontinent matter? Home would include any subcontinent batsman in any subcontinent country. We will include the UAE in this analysis as well. After watching the subcontinent sides in the PAK v ENG, SL v ENG, IND v ENG, IND v RSA, SL V RSA and IND v AUS, I have come to the conclusion that subcontinental batsmen cannot bat. The only 3 batsmen I grudgingly respect are Tendulkar, Dravid and Sagakkara (in order of grudging respect).

Proposals:

-I propose discounting runs scored in their home country by any SC batsman by 25%, in another SC country by 15% and in bangladesh by 40% when judging a player's "greatness."

-I propose consolidating the SC into one country for the purposes of touring. I.E. rather than touring the SC multiple times in different countries one would just have a tri series against 2 countries at a time with perhaps 2 matches with each country and one final based on some criteria (such that draws are also taken care of). This way we can reduce the amount of times cricketers tour the subcontinent and reduce the amount of boring cricket in general.

Feedback?

P.S. I have more thoughts on the matter but I am holding them back for the time being.
If you want to win a match in the subcontinent, I suggest scoring some runs.

Troll thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.