• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Haddin replacement discussion thread

Brad Haddin's replacement

• Total voters

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Wade since Paine isn't fit, otherwise Paine normally.

Haddin has to go. He's too old. He's a cheat. He's a crap keeper and an over-rated batsman.

Get rid of him.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
For me its quite simple. If you have bowling allrounders that can score runs like Pollock and klusener, boje, Hall and the like, you pick your best gloveman. But if you go with 6 batsman a keeper and 4 bowlers, surelY your keeper has to average over 35 with the bat. I doubt Haddin is averaging over that this summer and his keeping is average, so explain to me why is it a debate? In a pressure situation he is terribad. And now all of a sudden he cant catch. IMO you don't even have to be a brave selector to see that he aint gonna improve. Cut your losses and get a new keeper in the.!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For me its quite simple. If you have bowling allrounders that can score runs like Pollock and klusener, boje, Hall and the like, you pick your best gloveman. But if you go with 6 batsman a keeper and 4 bowlers, surelY your keeper has to average over 35 with the bat. I doubt Haddin is averaging over that this summer and his keeping is average, so explain to me why is it a debate? In a pressure situation he is terribad. And now all of a sudden he cant catch. IMO you don't even have to be a brave selector to see that he aint gonna improve. Cut your losses and get a new keeper in the.!!
Last summer against England he scored some pretty rough runs tbf. But yeah, he seems to lack a lot of confidence this year.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haddin's time must definitely be up by now. Quite a straightforward drop just now, at such a crucial moment, and he didn't even score any runs in Australia's innings.

Wade for Perth and Adelaide.
Ahhhh...he didn't bat. :blink:

RoCricket

Cricket Spectator
It's the shoddy work behind the wickets that's the most worrying aspect in Haddin's case. He made a complete mess of that chance Gambhir offered on the third evening. Literally, it went straight through him! Then there was that half chance of Laxman when he was on 0. Obviously, he was never going to be a Gilly with the bat, but he could have scored runs consistently at least. He seems to be either playing too recklessly (Cape Town, Hobart) or too defensively (Melbourne). He's at his best when he's positive. There's a difference between being positive and being reckless. When he's being positive, he's looking to score runs without being stupid. First and foremost, it's his keeping that he should really be worried about.

So who could replace him? Paine would be the obvious choice for the selectors, but he's injured. Wade's keeping has improved, and he's also in great touch with the bat.

Wade for me. Coz he's a Vic. :)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As poor as his recent form has been I hardly think we should drop Haddin for a person who has gone 24 years without scoring a run or taking a catch at test level

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
As poor as his recent form has been I hardly think we should drop Haddin for a person who has gone 24 years without scoring a run or taking a catch at test level
Greg Dyer vs. Brad Haddin would be a pretty close battle.

Spikey, note the year Dyer last played a Test match. :p