• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Match or One Day Cricket

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Now silly us for all thinking Clarke's been selected as a batsman who fills in a copule of overs, I forgot he's a bowler and the only slot they have to fit him in is the middle order!

As for not rating that attack, well considering they are consistently winning games with those bowlers, and what is it you say about the game being the best judge?
lol.

I dont know how that "rubbish" attack could really have done any better. They certainly did better than expected. Some people are just hard to impress I suppose.

it's not like Richard can make the argument that Bracken for one did not deserve his wickets he got most of them with really really good deliverys.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
furious_ged said:
You stupid, stupid idiot. What makes you think Clarke is a bowler?
Yeah? I never said Clarke was a bowler. I was attempting to name all who have bowled in ODIs recently for Australia. I should have added Symonds and maybe then you would have had less of an opportunity to make something out of nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Now silly us for all thinking Clarke's been selected as a batsman who fills in a copule of overs, I forgot he's a bowler and the only slot they have to fit him in is the middle order!

As for not rating that attack, well considering they are consistently winning games with those bowlers, and what is it you say about the game being the best judge?
No disputing the fact that Williams, Clarke, Harvey and especially Bracken came out of TVS Cup 2003 with good averages, and Bracken with a good economy-rate too. I just hope it changes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
lol.

I dont know how that "rubbish" attack could really have done any better. They certainly did better than expected. Some people are just hard to impress I suppose.

it's not like Richard can make the argument that Bracken for one did not deserve his wickets he got most of them with really really good deliverys.
Even if Bracken hadn't got a single wicket to his name it wouldn't matter as his economy-rate was excellent. However, if he got most wickets with good balls, fair does. I will not attempt to make a case for his exclusion anyway - if he's not the fourth name on the bowling sheet for the VB Series I'll be very surprised.