• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Declining batting orders making rookies look good?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It would seem that way to me, lately we've seen the emergence of some good bowling prospects such as De Lange, Cummins, Pattinson, Bracewell, Philander, Yadav etc but clearly it can't be a coincidence that their rise has coincided with the decline of most of the top teams batting orders?

Bar England and Pakistan the rest of the top six have had collapses all over the place, and it's not like the batters are young either, most of the top orders are full of batsmen with several years of experience,

A lot is being made of the bowlers coming through right now but if those teams don't produce some decent batters in the near future then having one or two gun bowlers will all be in vain because they simple won't have much runs to play with.

So here's a question to end with, what would you prefer? a group of talented batters coming through or a group of talented bowlers?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It would seem that way to me, lately we've seen the emergence of some good bowling prospects such as De Lange, Cummins, Pattinson, Bracewell, Philander, Yadav etc but clearly it can't be a coincidence that their rise has coincided with the decline of most of the top teams batting orders?

Bar England and Pakistan the rest of the top six have had collapses all over the place, and it's not like the batters are young either, most of the top orders are full of batsmen with several years of experience,

A lot is being made of the bowlers coming through right now but if those teams don't produce some decent batters in the near future then having one or two gun bowlers will all be in vain because they simple won't have much runs to play with.

So here's a question to end with, what would you prefer? a group of talented batters coming through or a group of talented bowlers?
Pakistan is only one innings away from a collapse, and England will have their share quite soon, especially if pitches in UAE provides bit of spin.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha so we've just apparently had the era of **** bowling making batsmen look good; now we're going to have the **** batting era so this can't/won't count either. Cricket fans; such ****s.

Flem274*

123/5
I look forward to CW in ten years time when we're discussing how bowlers would have averaged 35 in the era of Ponting, Sachin, Kallis, Sanga and Lara.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I look forward to CW in ten years time when we're discussing how bowlers would have averaged 35 in the era of Ponting, Sachin, Kallis, Sanga and Lara.
But none of those batsmen were actually any good because the standard of bowling was so poor when they played.

All cricketers are crap for one reason or another.

Xuhaib

International Coach
All new blokes look the business but its hard to deny that most of the great batsman are in the final third of their career and majority of them are not what they were about 2-3 years back. Its not a surprise that England has been the most consistent batting line up as majority of their batsman are at the peak of there batting careers.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
In short I say that great batsman are on the downhill but the newcomers are good enough to exploit it making it even harder for these great batsman to prolong their careers.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Haha so we've just apparently had the era of **** bowling making batsmen look good; now we're going to have the **** batting era so this can't/won't count either. Cricket fans; such ****s.
Of course some of the prospects deserve credit but when you see a series like the SA vs Aus one the other day or the way Aus collapsed against NZ one has to wonder about the batting orders, i mean even our lot knocked the great indian batting order over for around 200 recently, and we all saw what happened to SA yesterday against an attack that has been totally powderpuff of late,

Imo it's clear the batting orders are in decline, the real crunch time is gonna be when guys like Dravid, Tendy, Laxman, Ponting, Ul Haq, Khan, Hussey, Kallis, Sangakara, Jawardena etc retire, because apart from my team with Darren Bravo, Kirk Edwards, Barath, Kraigg, Powell etc no-one seems to be bringing through young batters at all. summed up by Aus dropping Hughes and Kawaja the other day.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Oh so the thread was effectively supposed to be about the Windies after all, I was almost fooled for a second upon reading the opening post.....
No it's about the top teams having declining batting orders and NOT producing any young batters to come in right now, WI ARE, therefore i mentioned it!! 8-) , if you can't comprehend that then that's no my fault.

p.s. and even if i wanted to talk about Wi IN A THREAD I STARTED is that against the rules? i don't think so!!.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Windies have young batsmen coming through. It's a shame they're pretty rubbish young batsmen.