• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2012 u19 CWC

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand Squad said:
William Young (c) – Central Districts
Joe Carter – Northern Districts
Sean Davey – Northern Districts
Michael Davidson - Canterbury
Jacob Duffy - Otago
Cameron Fletcher – Auckland
Ben Horne – Auckland
Nick Kelly – Northern Districts
Connor Neynens – Central Districts
Edward Nuttall – Canterbury
Matthew Quinn – Auckland
Ish Sodhi – Auckland
Theo van Woerkom – Canterbury
Joe Walker – Northern Districts
Henry Walsh – Wellington
Young, Duffy, Nuttall and Walker have played FC cricket. Guys like Milne, Henry etc just miss out qualifying which is a shame or our bowling attack would be h4x.

William Young is a batsman from my area, and a pretty decent one. Duffy is rapid, and I don't know anything about Nuttall and Walker except they are a seamer and a spinner respectively.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone know if Cummins is playing?

Given he's actually played international cricket, he'll probably .... the **** out of everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flem274*

123/5
Do Australia have any A tours coming up? I know with Williamson he was eligible for the previous U19 CWC but we elected to keep him in senior cricket. Wouldn't surprise me if Australia did the same with Cummins.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
good win for eng u19's against Aus today. Bell-Drummond becomes the highest ever scorer for england u19s in ODIs- good job he was there in all honesty.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really recognise any of the players in the Indian side except Unmukt Chand. Think some of the others would have been not available with the IPL.

Howsie

International Captain
Hmmm, so the ND boys took New Zealand home then, fantastic.

Considering only four of those guys have played any form of domestic cricket that's a fairly old team. Most of the guys are at least 19 or about to turn 19. Far cry from the last few Under 19 teams.

Howsie

International Captain
Sodhi's pretty close to the Auckland setup already isn't he? I remember seeing his name in one of the "A" games between ND and Auckland. Pretty impressive for a legspinner in this country at that age.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmmm, so the ND boys took New Zealand home then, fantastic.

Considering only four of those guys have played any form of domestic cricket that's a fairly old team. Most of the guys are at least 19 or about to turn 19. Far cry from the last few Under 19 teams.
But on the bright side, we never dominate India at age group level. Kane Williamson's side, probably the best we've ever fielded, got thumped by them in the world cup semi.

We already have a logjam of young players in their early twenties trying to crack the Shield, so maybe that could be a reason not many have played PS. Dunno.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
William Young is a batsman from my area, and a pretty decent one. Duffy is rapid, and I don't know anything about Nuttall and Walker except they are a seamer and a spinner respectively.
Nuttall is Trent Boult II from what I saw on the domestix highlights. Probs a touch less pace but otherwise very very similar.

Howsie

International Captain
We already have a logjam of young players in their early twenties trying to crack the Shield, so maybe that could be a reason not many have played PS. Dunno.
Judging by their performances against England and Australia it wouldn't be hard to guess why many haven't played PS cricket yet. Pumped.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Foakes, and inevitably Bell-Drummond score runs against India, C Overton the star though of course.

I think this is genuinely exciting, mainly because we may well get that Stokes, Foakes, Woakes batting line-up for England one day.:D

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Foakes needs to move clubs to get some cricket. How's he meant to get past Foster and Wheater?

My guys at Gloucestershire would take Foakes... and he'd get plenty of opportunities to bat with us!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Foakes needs to move clubs to get some cricket. How's he meant to get past Foster and Wheater?

My guys at Gloucestershire would take Foakes... and he'd get plenty of opportunities to bat with us!
Derby and Leicestershire look pretty weak at WK too.

Jacknife

International Captain
Been a good tour so far for the U19's, great experience for them going into the WC. Won 3 out of 3, just need to beat India again then on to the Final hopefully.

Bell Drummond looks to be a certain future England player, along with Foakes,Ball, Topley and one or two others, the future looks good.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia Under 19 vs New Zealand Under 19 - Semi Final 2 2011/12 Quadrangular Under-19 Series in Australia [1-DAY] Endeavour Park 1, Townsville

Damn! 10 runs to win off the last over with 4 wickets in hand, choked on it a bit, lost by 4.

Almost a great win against the run of the tournament, led by Sodhi, Duffy, Will Young, Joe Carter, Cam Fletcher and Connor Neynens.

Over 12.6: Sodhi to Peirson, no run, OUT, Peirson tried to get back and cut that one but found an edge to the wicketkeeper. J Peirson C: Fletcher B: Sodhi - 56 (48).. AUS 2/82

Over 14.4: Sodhi to Head, no run, OUT, Looks to drive but gets an edge to Joe Carter at first slip. T Head C: Carter B: Sohdi - 4 (4). FOW 3/86.

Over 42.6: Sodhi to Agar, no run, OUT, Looked to dance down the track and smash it through midwicket. he missed it and was stumped. A Agar - stumped: Fletcher B: Sodhi -14(24).. AUS 7/221

Over 44.4: Sodhi to Sandhu, no run, OUT, Tries to work it off middle and is clean bowled! G Sandhu B: Sodhi - 2(4). FOW 9/230.

Last edited: