• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2012 u19 CWC

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Breaking news for Pakistan cricket followers. The 12 year old is in the u19 squad. :D

Pakistan U-19 team announced for South Africa tour

LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board on Tuesday announced its U19 team for the tour of South Africa starting next month.

Pak team will participate in a triangular series featuring (Pakistan, South Africa and Zimbabwe) from January 5 to 22. Then Pak team will play 3 Youth ODI against South Africa on January 25, 27 and 29.

The team was named by national selectors here on Tuesday at Gadaffi stadium. The selectors named Babar Azam as captain and Umer Waheed as his deputy.

Following is the team: Sami Aslam, Babar Azam (captain), Syed Faraz Ali, Umer Waheed,V. Captain, Shahan Akram, Syed Saad Ali, Adnan Mahmood, Muhammad Irfan, Shahid Ilyas, Ehsan Adil, Azizullah, Zia ul Haq, Fawad Khan ,Usman Qadir, Saifullah Bangash (wk).

Reserves: Imam ul Haq, Salman Afridi (wk), Mir Hamza ,Muhammad Nawaz, Ghazanfar Abbas, Muhammad Farman.

Team Management: Haroon Rasheed, manager; Sabih Azhar , coach; Dr. Sohail Saleem, doctor *** physiotherapist; Yasir Malik, trainer; and Usman Hashmi, analyst.

The same team management will be retained till the ICC Under-19 World Cup 2012. (APP)
Zia ul Haq is supposed to be a real good prospect. He is around 17/18 and bowls in the mid 80's and can swing the ball both ways (is a lefty).

Seam up, how does the wrist test work? And is it accurate?

SeamUp

International Coach
Zia ul Haq is supposed to be a real good prospect. He is around 17/18 and bowls in the mid 80's and can swing the ball both ways (is a lefty).

Seam up, how does the wrist test work? And is it accurate?
Fawad Khan did quite well with the ball, looks to be a spinner as he was a 2nd or 3rd change most of the time.

Can't imagine it will be exact and I think they do allow a 6 month error or so. All they do is try to estimate how the bone structure should be more or less at the required age for the tournament. Not an exact science but close enough is good enough I guess.

I wonder if the ICC use it?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If Flower is really serious about trying to win the 2015 WC this tournament should be very important to him. Try and identify some good young OD players and get them ready for the big one in four years.
No.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Googled 'Ehsan Adil' and came up with this

According to that his D.O.B. is 30-11-1999 which makes him approx 12 years 1 month old. He has 37 wickets @ 17 in the domestic U-19 long-version tournament.

****s me how someone aged 11(when the tournament was going on) can do that.

Looks older than 12 too
, IMO.
Looks older than me tbh.

Remember Afghanistan U19s in the last U19 WC? They had guys who looked older than my old man.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So its been a while since we heard about a good teen talent from India. Have we found someone with potential yet? We found Kohli in the 2008 tournament and haven't found anyone good since.
Jadeja was from that side as well. I'm not Indian so I think he is a good cricketer.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
No, we won't. players would learn far far more from playing county cricket.
I agree that they would get more experience playing county cricket, but I think they'll still send their best squad. It will be a good way to get overseas experience as well.

Xuhaib

International Coach
in fairness to the12yr old there are few other errors on his profile page so maybe theyalso the year of birth wrong.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't think of a single NZer who will be eligible. When I say that, I mean I can't think of any playing FC cricket, before anyone gets cheeky and suggests their 9 year old cousin falls into the category.

Howsie

International Captain
I can't think of a single NZer who will be eligible. When I say that, I mean I can't think of any playing FC cricket, before anyone gets cheeky and suggests their 9 year old cousin falls into the category.
Josef Walker | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Not a single player from the 2010 World Cup is eligible for New Zealand in this edition, and they haven't played a game since that tournament. I really don't have much hope for this years team.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
why would anyone like milne or cummins who has played at senior level and is a regular at the top domestic level want to or be allowed by the respective countries to play in this. For countries this should be about development rather than winning at all costs. workloads are tough enough without adding u19 wc's to the schedule.

with regards to topley. i don't know why he wasn't selected in the recent england u-19 squad but a hunch is that at present he is not a very good one day player. His bowling relies on swing and the white ball is notoriously harder to swing that the red. he's still pretty raw

i can see some of the the english counties not being particularly pleased if they have to release players for this - although the ecb may make them. The only two players in the current squad who are likely to be regulars for their counties next season are bell-drummond(kent) and ball(kent). Personally i think if anyone is a regular at domestic level then they shouldn't leave that for a junior event. The other players are unlikely to be regulars by then and i'm sure the counties will be happy to release them to aid their development.