Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 u19 CWC

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    a 6' 2" 12 yr old this is getting even more ridiculous by the minute. Seam Up look out for Sami Aslam an opening batsman heard lot of good things about him.
    I've been chencking a few things and of course the 12 year old was a mistake...it seems if they don't have a date of birth...they just put 1999 as their year of birth.

Looking at cricket archive and Sami Aslam was the leading run scorer with Babar Azam second in your u19 tournament.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    a) You lot sending your not-best side doesn't make the tournament meaningless.
    In terms of International development is meaningless though - you only have to see how few of the players make it as International successes even from trophy winning sides.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

So its been a while since we heard about a good teen talent from India. Have we found someone with potential yet? We found Kohli in the 2008 tournament and haven't found anyone good since.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    In terms of International development is meaningless though - you only have to see how few of the players make it as International successes even from trophy winning sides.
    That must be England only then or it seems so little to you because most get schooled in South Africa. Probably SRL have as poor a record as you. But I still think your best team will go.

Australia have had plenty, South Africa have had plenty, Windies have had plenty, Kiwis have had plenty, Pakistan have had plenty, India have had quite a few.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    That must be England only then or it seems so little to you because most get schooled in South Africa. Probably SRL have as poor a record as you. But I still think your best team will go.

Australia have had plenty, South Africa have had plenty, Windies have had plenty, Kiwis have had plenty, Pakistan have had plenty, India have had quite a few.
    Haha love how you sneaked that in.

Also got to remember that some players fall between u19 world cups but still played u19 international cricket. People like Prior, Bairstow, Panesar, Anderson and Broad fall into that category.

But Cook, Bell, Bopara, Patel, Swann, Bresnan, Finn, Woakes, Stokes and James Taylor all have played in u19 WC's.

Count Trott and Kieswetter for South Africa and Eoin Morgan for Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Haha love how you sneaked that in.
    Of course mate, always worth a little reminder now and again.

It's a funny one, personally I'd let the lads go and experience it, there's always plenty of County Cricket to come back to. England do tend to let the players who are in there county sides play there, instead of some of the U19 internationals. I remember against SA this last summer, they didn't pick any player that wouldn't be U19 the year after, so they basically played a U18 side, to keep the group together, so they are definitely trying to prepare them properly and get a team who know each well.

If Flower is really serious about trying to win the 2015 WC this tournament should be very important to him. Try and identify some good young OD players and get them ready for the big one in four years.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Looks like Pak has a lot of talent. Really looking forward to seeing them play.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Breaking news for Pakistan cricket followers. The 12 year old is in the u19 squad.

Pakistan U-19 team announced for South Africa tour

LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board on Tuesday announced its U19 team for the tour of South Africa starting next month.

Pak team will participate in a triangular series featuring (Pakistan, South Africa and Zimbabwe) from January 5 to 22. Then Pak team will play 3 Youth ODI against South Africa on January 25, 27 and 29.

The team was named by national selectors here on Tuesday at Gadaffi stadium. The selectors named Babar Azam as captain and Umer Waheed as his deputy.

Following is the team: Sami Aslam, Babar Azam (captain), Syed Faraz Ali, Umer Waheed,V. Captain, Shahan Akram, Syed Saad Ali, Adnan Mahmood, Muhammad Irfan, Shahid Ilyas, Ehsan Adil, Azizullah, Zia ul Haq, Fawad Khan ,Usman Qadir, Saifullah Bangash (wk).

Reserves: Imam ul Haq, Salman Afridi (wk), Mir Hamza ,Muhammad Nawaz, Ghazanfar Abbas, Muhammad Farman.

Team Management: Haroon Rasheed, manager; Sabih Azhar , coach; Dr. Sohail Saleem, doctor cum physiotherapist; Yasir Malik, trainer; and Usman Hashmi, analyst.

The same team management will be retained till the ICC Under-19 World Cup 2012. (APP)
    Zia ul Haq is supposed to be a real good prospect. He is around 17/18 and bowls in the mid 80's and can swing the ball both ways (is a lefty).

Seam up, how does the wrist test work? And is it accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Zia ul Haq is supposed to be a real good prospect. He is around 17/18 and bowls in the mid 80's and can swing the ball both ways (is a lefty).

Seam up, how does the wrist test work? And is it accurate?
    Fawad Khan did quite well with the ball, looks to be a spinner as he was a 2nd or 3rd change most of the time.

Can't imagine it will be exact and I think they do allow a 6 month error or so. All they do is try to estimate how the bone structure should be more or less at the required age for the tournament. Not an exact science but close enough is good enough I guess.

I wonder if the ICC use it?
    Last edited by SeamUp; 27-12-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    If Flower is really serious about trying to win the 2015 WC this tournament should be very important to him. Try and identify some good young OD players and get them ready for the big one in four years.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Googled 'Ehsan Adil' and came up with this

According to that his D.O.B. is 30-11-1999 which makes him approx 12 years 1 month old. He has 37 wickets @ 17 in the domestic U-19 long-version tournament.

****s me how someone aged 11(when the tournament was going on) can do that.

Looks older than 12 too
    , IMO.
    Looks older than me tbh.

Remember Afghanistan U19s in the last U19 WC? They had guys who looked older than my old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    So its been a while since we heard about a good teen talent from India. Have we found someone with potential yet? We found Kohli in the 2008 tournament and haven't found anyone good since.
    Jadeja was from that side as well. I'm not Indian so I think he is a good cricketer.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information