• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saf to serve the first quartet since awesome Windies?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Early days for De lange and Philander but signs are promising, also there spinners are crap (sorry Tahir) so going with awesome 4some might be their best strategy.:cool:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussies did it in Perth last year.Comically because it worked once they tried it again and it was about as much use as a chocolate fireplace.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gough, Caddick, Cork & White from England's 2000 series vs WI say 'Hi'.

As do Hoggard, Harmison. Flintoff & Jones from 2004/05 (albeit with Giles as a fifth option).

Thinking about it, SA played four quicks & no spinner plenty of times during the 1990's.

But yes, you can see them doing the same again in England next summer.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus Christ, I remember us playing four quicks in the 80s against the West Indies and others in Perth, but the four-pronged lethality of Reid, Hughes, Gilbert and Dodemaide didn't quite get the job done.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Did Lee, Gillespie, McGrath and Flemming ever play together?

And I think they also had Bical, Lee, Tait and McGrath playing as well (not too sure).

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Well they have 4 quicks already dont they? Last i checked, kallis was gettin it upto 146km/h and Fernando can attest to that.

Stapel

International Regular
Harmison, Hoggard, Jones & Flintoff. England have played them for quite while, with Anderson as replacement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anderson-Broad-Bresnan-Tremlett would be an awesome foursome if we needed it. Three + Swann tends to do the job, however.