• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Fast Bowling Pool

cnerd123

likes this
India news: BCCI to pick fast-bowling pool | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Seems like an interesting move, a step in the right direction.

Any ideas/thoughts on who should be in this bowling pool, and whether or not this will actually help India's fast bowling issues?

Of the top of my head, I can see the pool consisting of:

Zaheer
Ishant
Praveen
Yadav
Mithun
Aaron
Sreesanth
Vinay Kumar
Irfan Pathan
Unadkat

With, hopefully, RP Singh, Balaji and Chahar in the mix. Might see Dinda there too.

kingkallis

International Coach
India news: BCCI to pick fast-bowling pool | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Seems like an interesting move, a step in the right direction.

Any ideas/thoughts on who should be in this bowling pool, and whether or not this will actually help India's fast bowling issues?

Of the top of my head, I can see the pool consisting of:

Zaheer
Ishant
Praveen
Yadav
Mithun
Aaron
Sreesanth
Vinay Kumar
Irfan Pathan
Unadkat

With, hopefully, RP Singh, Balaji and Chahar in the mix. Might see Dinda there too.
Dinda, Abu Nechim, Sudhindra ahead of RP, Balaji!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pankaj Singh too. The likes of Basant Mohanty, Sreenath Aravind,T.P Sudhindra,Rishi Dhawan might get in based on size.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Abu Nechim really needs to be drafted into the test team. He has speed and I feel he bowls a natural test match length.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Abu Nechim really needs to be drafted into the test team. He has speed and I feel he bowls a natural test match length.
Needs some wickets in the Duleep Trophy to be in contention. His First Class record is okay but he really should prove himself at the zonal level before any sort of Test selection is considered, especially considering Asaam play in the Plate League, iirc.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Fast?

Medium pace at best most of them.
I know that was a sort of joke, but India actually have quicker bowlers than at any previous point, really. Yadav and Aaron have both recorded deliveries at 150kph. Abu Nechim bowled over 140kph in the Champions League T20. Dinda has bowled over 140kph in ODIs against Zimbabwe and as much as I despise him, Sreesanth can touch 140kph on a good day.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant has picked up his speed in recent times too and now is bowling around 140 KMPH most of the time. Seems to have lost out bit of movement though.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's just hope this serious thrust on developing pacers doesn't lead to neglect of spinners and all-rounders. Indian spin has declined steeply, and no all-rounders have been promoted. Batting seems in good shape, so there's no need to tamper with it. It's a laudable effort, but similar initiatives need to be taken for spin and all-rounders as well.