• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft Version 3.0

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With Fred's email we now have 11 people who have submitted answers. At the moment there is 1 person who is going to get all 3 of his players if no one else picks them from now on.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
With Fred's email we now have 11 people who have submitted answers. At the moment there is 1 person who is going to get all 3 of his players if no one else picks them from now on.
Need one clarification on the rules. Say, for example, I understand if 2 people choose the same player neither gets that player. But does that player also become unavailable in the next rounds? If no, then what about their availability in the same round (next set of answers, maybe)?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Need one clarification on the rules. Say, for example, I understand if 2 people choose the same player neither gets that player. But does that player also become unavailable in the next rounds? If no, then what about their availability in the same round (next set of answers, maybe)?
Yes, he becomes unavailable for all the rounds, which means you have to think about your answers for say question 6 as someone might be picking that player for question 4. I tried to make the answers not overlap all that much in my questions, but there are probably a few people who fall into a couple of the categories.

I might at some point bring back all the disqualified people, but then again I might not..

BTW, who is FR?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, he becomes unavailable for all the rounds, which means you have to think about your answers for say question 6 as someone might be picking that player for question 4. I tried to make the answers not overlap all that much in my questions, but there are probably a few people who fall into a couple of the categories.

I might at some point bring back all the disqualified people, but then again I might not..

BTW, who is FR?
That would be me. The email address has blackwarrior so thought it would be self explanatory :p

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That would be me. The email address has blackwarrior so thought it would be self explanatory :p
Haha yeah. It just came up as F R though in my inbox, I had to actually click reply to view your email address.

Cheers for clearing it up anyway.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I'll reveal who passed and failed tomorrow early on in the Cricket, first session just to give a few more people some extra time.

The way it will work is if someone passes I'll just write PASS, if they Fail, I'll write the name of the player they selected beside the word fail. The people who pass do not reveal who they passed with until the completion of the round.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results are in, we've ended up with 17 contestants.

Question 1a - Select a Cricketer who scored 150+ cumulative runs in his debut Test match

PASS - Howe_zat, Marcuss, Burgey, smalishah84, Black_Warrior, Blakus, Agent Nationaux

FAIL - marc71178, Cabinet96, Pothas (Andrew Strauss). Cevno, G.I.Joe, weldone, Eds (George Headley), Spikey, fredfertang, Neil Pickup (Clive Lloyd).

Question 2a - Select a Cricketer with a Test batting average between 32.00 and 36.00

PASS - G.I.Joe, Burgey, smalishah84, Cabinet96, Black_Warrior, Eds, Blakus, Neil Pickup

FAIL - marc71178, Agent Nationaux (Lance Klusener), Howe_zat, Spikey, weldone, fredfertang, Pothas (Allan Knott), Marcuss, Cevno (Shaun Pollock).

Question 3a - Select a Cricketer who has taken up to and including 20 to 30 catches in Test Cricket.

PASS - marc71178, Howe_zat, Marcuss, Spikey, smalishah84, Cabinet96, fredfertang, Black_Warrior, Eds, Blakus, Agent Nationaux, Pothas

FAIL - Cevno, Burgey, Neil Pickup (Imran Khan), G.I.Joe, weldone (Malcolm Marshall).

Disqualified Cricketers
George Headley, Imran Khan, Lance Klusener, Allan Knott, Clive Lloyd, Malcolm Marshall, Shaun Pollock, Andrew Strauss,

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Okay, so for the people who have fails, please resend your new submissions. I'm at work tomorrow so I'll provide answers tomorrow night. I'll give everyone until stumps day 3 in the India vs Australia match.

Excellent starts from Smali, Blakus and Black Warrior with 3/3, the defending champion Blakus has the best 3 in my opinion.

Not so good starts from Cevno and weldone who are currently 0/3.

Eds

International Debutant
Delighted to get 2a. Happy enough with 3 as well, would have been awesome to get Headley as well. Ah well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I have to say some of the people with 2/3 (Eds included) actually appear in a better position compared to at least one of the 3/3s who didn't really go for unbelievable players.

I was most surprised with Klusener and Lloyd getting disqualified, thought they were solid choices obviously a few people agreed.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
IMO Q3 provided the best chance of picking up a solid cricketer.
Q1 FAIL is toughest one to recover from.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Question 3 had about 130 options, it was definitely the easiest to get a good player.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah i'm pretty much screwed for q1 now. happy with 3a. i probably reached a bit but