• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Harris

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
What do you mean we don't have enough good middle order batsmen? Styris, McMillan, Cairns & now Astle who is going to bat lower.

Mate, its 1,2 & 3 which are the problems..so Fleming either opens or bats 3...or Styris goes to 3 & Fleming is dropped to 4.
For me the best option is Astle two, McMillan three, Fleming four, Styris five (Vincent simply can't keep being picked and Styris had a reasonable TVS Cup) and Cairns six. McCullum's place is secure for now, too.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering the amount of batting talent on show from especially India & Australia, Styris did well to make the top 10 run scorers in the series with 183 runs at an average of 36...he was the only one to score more than 2 fifties, but unfortunately couldn't convert to a century.

Styris has improved out of sight & I think he had more than a 'reasonable' TVS Cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Considering the amount of batting talent on show from especially India & Australia, Styris did well to make the top 10 run scorers in the series with 183 runs at an average of 36...he was the only one to score more than 2 fifties, but unfortunately couldn't convert to a century.

Styris has improved out of sight & I think he had more than a 'reasonable' TVS Cup.
36 = a bit better than reasonable. But only a bit.
In my book anyway.
Just because he outperformed useless doesn't make him brilliant, it makes him pretty good.

Craig

World Traveller
This series will be pretty close IMO.

I mean Pakistan is very unpredictabler and some of the players picked, manot be good enough, but if they are smart enough, they will see itas a chance and should take and make life difficult for the Black Caps selectors.

IMO Paul Hitchcock when fit should be an automatic selection, purely that he is probably one of the best one-day bowlers in NZ and probably one of the best last ten over bowlers in one-dayers. The 'at the death' bowling is the Black Caps' weakness.