• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Praise of Andy Flower

Woodster

International Captain
I'm stating the obvious when I say what an outstanding appointment he's been. I cannot say I was overly-excited when he was appointed, he was already around the set-up with Peter Moores and I just didn't think it was a particularly exciting choice, being an Essex follower I was pleased for him. He's since displayed some wonderful traits. He's a thoughtful and articulate interviewee, his preparation for the side is wonderfully thorough and he sets very high standards that hopefully will be maintained. Top guy.

Jacknife

International Captain
I'm stating the obvious when I say what an outstanding appointment he's been. I cannot say I was overly-excited when he was appointed, he was already around the set-up with Peter Moores and I just didn't think it was a particularly exciting choice, being an Essex follower I was pleased for him. He's since displayed some wonderful traits. He's a thoughtful and articulate interviewee, his preparation for the side is wonderfully thorough and he sets very high standards that hopefully will be maintained. Top guy.
I agree, when he was appointed, I can honestly say I didn't think he would be the guy that would take us to where we've got to. To be fair to him though, I didn't know too much about him in the coaching sense, even though he was already with the England team but I suppose until he got the chance to show what he could do there was no way of knowing his coaching, man management and planning prowess. He's one of the few very good players that in turn have become very good national coaches.

Last edited: