Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What to do with Sri Lanka?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar

What to do with Sri Lanka?

They've gone completely off the rails. All their star batsmen bar one are in horrific form and the bowling stocks are dubious tstl.

Is there anyone in domestic cricket who can be called up? How do CWers see the way forward for Sri Lanka? I have no doubt they will be back, but I'm not sure they have the players in place right now to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    pay the ****ing players for one
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    pay the ****ing players for one
    was about to post this.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Make Mathews the captain. What's the point of appointing a 36 year old captain when the supposed reason for the last one stepping down was due to him being too old for the next World Cup?

Obviously it's more than just that, but you get the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

They're just not very good at the moment. I don't think there needs to be a national inquest though; they just lost a couple of bowlers who'd make their All-Time XI (one of which has a claim on the "best ever bowler" trophy) and they've had trouble replacing them at the same time as a couple of their batsmen have hit troughs. **** happens; there has to be someone at the bottom of the rung and it just so happens that they're in a lull at the moment. Some of the doomsday talk about how it's a massive problem for cricket and how they're going back to their minnow days is way over the top though.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    They're just not very good at the moment. I don't think there needs to be a national inquest though; they just lost a couple of bowlers who'd make their All-Time XI (one of which has a claim on the "best ever bowler" trophy) and they've had trouble replacing them at the same time as a couple of their batsmen have hit troughs. **** happens; there has to be someone at the bottom of the rung and it just so happens that they're in a lull at the moment. Some of the doomsday talk about how it's a massive problem for cricket and how they're going back to their minnow days is way over the top though.
    This^

Their batsman will find form again and they have a few decent ones that will come through. Their bowling without Murali was always going to be poor, unless you were a firm believer in the Mendis hype.
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Some of the doomsday talk about how it's a massive problem for cricket and how they're going back to their minnow days is way over the top though.
    Yeah agree. NZ and England have had long periods of being ordinary. It happens.

SL suck, and they suck bad. But that's cricket.

People need to accept that the way cricket is run now, it will always be a deeply uncompetitive game. 4 good teams is something to actually be happy about.

It sucks but its true. It is an area where the sport is way behind other sports/leagues where there is plenty of competition.

Now is apparently the most competitive and even test cricket has been in ages and yet there are still only 4-5 teams who can beat each other consistently.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Back to minnow status these days.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Agree. How's it bad for cricket? Prefer a resurgent WI to SL any old day.

You don't agree with him actually. You said they're back to minnow status when Prince said they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You don't agree with him actually. You said they're back to minnow status when Prince said they're not.
    Zip it, ****.

"Oh we've found some spinnerzzzzzzz and one medium pacer who'll make us competitive again."

That's entertainment.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to have a bias towards fast bowling than spin bowling. That's fine. If you would prefer WI to be good over SL, that's also fine. Just saying your point and Prince's aren't the same at all.

Prince's point is what I agree with though. They're ****. But 4-5 teams are **** at once in test cricket. It's a flaw in the game. It's just SL's turn now.

TBF I didn't read his post.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Burgey clearly wasted IMO
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Burgey clearly wasted IMO
    Not yet.

Truly though, if you want to be number one for any decent period of time in test cricket you need good-to-great fast bowlers.

If you don't have them. you're pulling your pud. SL can get as many Vaas' and decent spinners as they like. If you aint got quicks in post-WW2 test cricket, you're a pretender to the throne.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information