Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Will India have a new captain at the helm for 2015 World Cup?

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    62

    Will India have a new captain at the helm for 2015 World Cup?

    India news: Dhoni to decide his ODI future in 2013 | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo Well leave the question of capain,can ve find a decent wicket-keeper? The selectors seem to be roaming between saha and parthiv.

  2. #2
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Dhoni definitely won't be captain for the 2015 WC. In fact I can't remember the last time an Indian captain backed up WCs. It was probably Azharuddin in 96 and 99 but I he didn't have captaincy for some of the years in between.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  3. #3
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Dhoni definitely won't be captain for the 2015 WC. In fact I can't remember the last time an Indian captain backed up WCs. It was probably Azharuddin in 96 and 99 but I he didn't have captaincy for some of the years in between.
    As far as I can think,the next captain will be Kohli or to a lesser extent,it may be Gambhir.But who will be the wicket keeper if dhoni goes away for permanent?Parthiv does not inspire a lot of confidence.

  4. #4
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    No one knew who the wicket keeper would be in 2003 for 2007 but Dhoni came along. Same thing will happen.


  5. #5
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    47,432
    I'd say it's his best format by a ways, so I personally wouldn't be surprised if he's still at the helm. More than justifies a place without the gauntlets, so could give the keeping away (in ODIs) to prolong his career.

    Would prefer a better keeper than Parthiv to take over if he does tho. Looked shoddy versus the Windies.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

  6. #6
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,474
    Saha is on top in the pecking order for Dhoni's long term replacement. Its time he is consistently given chances to test whether he is fit for the job or not.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,736
    No way will Dhoni be captain for that competition unless it is a comeback as captain, he will get sacked when the inevitable slide occurs when the stars retire and the team lose more matches. Hope he is still around as a player though.

  8. #8
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    No way will Dhoni be captain for that competition unless it is a comeback as captain, he will get sacked when the inevitable slide occurs when the stars retire and the team lose more matches. Hope he is still around as a player though.
    Which stars are going to retire from ODI Team?Yuvraj,Kohli,Rohit,Gambhir or any of the other younger guys in the team.On the other hand the only senior stars in the team are Sachin and Sehwag.On Sehwag,I don't know if he will be around till 2015,But Sachin is already not playing more than a majority of ODI's.
    Or are you talking about test team?
    Last edited by scorpio1990; 17-12-2011 at 12:27 AM.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,736
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1990 View Post
    Which stars are going to retire from ODI Team?Yuvraj,Kohli,Rohit,Gambhir or any of the other younger guys in the team.On the other hand the only senior stars in the team are Sachin and Sehwag.On Sehwag,I don't know if he will be around till 2015,But Sachin is already not playing more than a majority of ODI's.
    Or are you talking about test team?
    Well can you see India having a test captain and a seperate one day man? He will lose the test job and be bombed from the role in all forms of the game.

  10. #10
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    I guarantee you Dhoni will quit before the mere idea of him being sacked comes into play. More than any other captaincy role the Indian captaincy has an expiry date. Dhoni is near it. Especially when you consider he's been keeping.

    Dravid and Sachin have given it up before, and Dhoni too will give it up. Of this I have no doubt.

  11. #11
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    47,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I guarantee you Dhoni will quit before the mere idea of him being sacked comes into play. More than any other captaincy role the Indian captaincy has an expiry date. Dhoni is near it. Especially when you consider he's been keeping.

    Dravid and Sachin have given it up before, and Dhoni too will give it up. Of this I have no doubt.
    Dunno, myself. It's an incredibly tough gig captaining India; hopes and dreams of a billion people, etc. No disrespect to Sachin or Dravid, but Dhoni's made a much better fist of it. Who's next in line? Gambhir?

  12. #12
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,736
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Dunno, myself. It's an incredibly tough gig captaining India; hopes and dreams of a billion people, etc. No disrespect to Sachin or Dravid, but Dhoni's made a much better fist of it. Who's next in line? Gambhir?
    Waterboy

    What about Sehwag?

  13. #13
    State Vice-Captain nsniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Dunno, myself. It's an incredibly tough gig captaining India; hopes and dreams of a billion people, etc. No disrespect to Sachin or Dravid, but Dhoni's made a much better fist of it. Who's next in line? Gambhir?
    Might be Gambhir or Kohli, Depends on when dhoni leaves captaincy

  14. #14
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,882
    I don't know if Dhoni will be around by then but he should be around.

    The best Indian captain that I have seen so far (Would like to see him captain after the stars leave to see if things happen to him the same way they happened to Ponting)
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  15. #15
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    #FreeShri
    Posts
    70,083
    Would he stay as captain in ODIs but give up the test gig? Strikes me as an enormously tough job captaining at test level and keeping.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why Pakistan will win the World Cup
    By angad in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-01-2011, 12:01 AM
  2. Men's and Women's Twenty20 World Cups
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-05-2009, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •