• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Looking for 8 people who want to be general managers of the top 8 countries cricket teams.

The rules are simple - you get 7 trades over the space of 5 days to improve your team.

The general manager of the other team must agree to your proposal. And one other person (who is playing in this game) must consent that it is a fair trade - this is to stop collusion.

A trade can be for multiple players or a straight 1-1 deal.

I'll start by dibsing NZ.

Edit note - have increased the number of trades from 5 to 7 to allow people to trade prospects.

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant
I'd be in as England, but I've got like 200 posts.

Even though I'm obviously superior to the likes of Phlegm.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^Welcome to the game Eds no minimum number of posts required.

Eds - England
Somers - SA
Athlai - SL
Turbinator - India
Hurricane - NZ
Blakus - Aussie
Daemon - Pakistan
Ganeshran - WI

I am putting in an extra rule that all dealings and negotiations will be through this thread rather than MSN texting etc or VMs - this is for traceability reasons and to avoid disputes.

Effective Immediately the game is open and will finish at Midnight NZ time on Thursday. It can finish sooner if everyone finishes their trades.

Good luck on your trades.

Eds

International Debutant
Are we attempting to build a squad as best we can, or the strongest XI we can?

Looking for a decent middle-order batsman.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Are we attempting to build a squad as best we can, or the strongest XI we can?
Your first priority will be your playing XI but keep your squad depth in mind. At the end we will name both your playing XI and a full squad of 14 players (making this up right now on the fly).