• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh pre-trade:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Mahmudullah
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Elias Sunny
9. Shahadat Hossain
10. Shafiul Islam
11. Rubel Hossain

Bangladesh post trade

1. Murali Vijay
2. Nazimuddin
3. Kirk Edwards
4. Subramaniam Badrinath
5. Brendan Taylor
6. Asad Shafiq
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Abdur Rehman
9. Kyle Jarvis
10. Dilhara Fernando
11. Junaid Khan

12. Nasir Hossain
13. Brent Arnel
14. Shahadat Hossain

I'm really happy with my playing XI. Shakib is obviously a loss but I firmly believe that Taylor and Rehman equals Shakib. If that is the case my team is without doubt better now. You can see the improvement in the batting and the fast bowling.

Only two Bangladeshi's in my XI.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fernando is possibly not good enough to play for Bangladesh imo.

Shakib is also a better bowler than Rehman by some way. But overall that team is far stronger.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh pre-trade:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Mahmudullah
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Elias Sunny
9. Shahadat Hossain
10. Shafiul Islam
11. Rubel Hossain

Bangladesh post trade

1. Murali Vijay
2. Nazimuddin
3. Kirk Edwards
4. Subramaniam Badrinath
5. Brendan Taylor
6. Asad Shafiq
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Abdur Rehman
9. Kyle Jarvis
10. Dilhara Fernando
11. Junaid Khan

12. Nasir Hossain
13. Brent Arnel
14. Shahadat Hossain

I'm really happy with my playing XI. Shakib is obviously a loss but I firmly believe that Taylor and Rehman equals Shakib. If that is the case my team is without doubt better now. You can see the improvement in the batting and the fast bowling.

Only two Bangladeshi's in my XI.
Definitely strengthened your team through some shrewd trades.

The Zimbos trade was a good one for you.

Good job of using your proceeds of the NZ trade as bargaining chips.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fernando is possibly not good enough to play for Bangladesh imo.

Shakib is also a better bowler than Rehman by some way. But overall that team is far stronger.
Fernando would be hailed as the greatest Bangladeshi fast bowler of all time if he played for them.

I wanted a strike bowler and seriously I doubt I could have gotten a better bowler unless I traded Shakib differently.

Eds

International Debutant
I do but I need him in my team since I already traded away Boult. Dan is my 4th bowler.
Wouldn't be interested in something like the following would you?

Amit Mishra + Eoin Morgan + Steve Davies = Dan Vettori.

Looking at your squad, I think they'd all get into it. You can always swap Morgan for someone of similar quality who you prefer, or Davies with the likes of Bairstow etc. as well if you like.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't be interested in something like the following would you?

Amit Mishra + Eoin Morgan + Steve Davies = Dan Vettori.

Looking at your squad, I think they'd all get into it. You can always swap Morgan for someone of similar quality who you prefer, or Davies with the likes of Bairstow etc. as well if you like.
They might make my 14 but not my XI

Just by watching Amit he looks like a good bowler but Dan's stats are better bowling avg of 33 vs 43. I need Dan for his bowling. Mishra is better than the Zimbos back up leggie I traded for however.

Also I was interested in Davies but I ended up with a good keeper through a trade in Prasanna,

Finally Morgan's batting average is 36. The only person he could replace is Watling as a back up player and I am not too fussed about my back up players just my playing XI.

Eds

International Debutant
They might make my 14 but not my XI

Just by watching Amit he looks like a good bowler but Dan's stats are better bowling avg of 33 vs 43. I need Dan for his bowling. Mishra is better than the Zimbos back up leggie I traded for however.

Also I was interested in Davies but I ended up with a good keeper through a trade in Prasanna,

Finally Morgan's batting average is 36. The only person he could replace is Watling as a back up player and I am not too fussed about my back up players just my playing XI.
Mishra has 400 @ 28 in a batting dominated domestic scene. Vettori averages 32 in First Class, so I'm sure Mishra, with more time, would most definitely have reduced his Test average. I'm not saying Mishra is a better bowler than Dan, but he's certainly far better than you're making out.

Davies would be handy for your squad, no?

Okay, fair point. You could swap Morgan in the trade for someone like Hildreth (43 FC average), Bopara (42 + 42), Samit Patel (41 + 37), who gives you an extra spin option as well, or even James Taylor (50).

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Athlai are you following this - what is Dan's FC average excluding Tests...including tests it is 31.75.

Dan has like 350 test wickets. Point taken that Mishra may improve in test cricket given more chances but I doubt he will end up with a test average of 28. He should be happy to finish up with Dan's average.

Dan is in the top 5 all rounders in the world according to the ICC rankings.

Not interested in that mix of players or Hildreth etc...

Eds

International Debutant
@Athlai are you following this - what is Dan's FC average excluding Tests...including tests it is 31.75.

Dan has like 350 test wickets. Point taken that Mishra may improve in test cricket given more chances but I doubt he will end up with a test average of 28. He should be happy to finish up with Dan's average.

Dan is in the top 5 all rounders in the world according to the ICC rankings.

Not interested in that mix of players or Hildreth etc...
I'm not saying that Mishra is better than Vettori at all though. He's just a lot better than you're giving him credit for.

Look, let's not just go at this all day - what sort of deal would you need to get rid of Vettori? :p

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You just want him to warm the bench. You don't need his bowling and Katich and Laxman are better batsman for the number 6 spot. So aside from looking out for the best interests of the player himself (Vettori). I know that you are not willing to part with any of your 14. So I don't see this happening.

but what would it take - it would take a bowler of proven test standard who actually averages 32 or less coming back. And because he is an all rounder a batsman thrown in who averages 40 (which is what Dan averages in the last while since he improved).

Eds

International Debutant
it would take (1) a bowler of proven test standard who actually averages 32 or less coming back. And because he is an all rounder (2) a batsman thrown in who averages 40 (which is what Dan averages in the last while since he improved).
(1) Graham Onions - averages 31 in Tests.
(2) Ravi Bopara - averages 42 in FC.

And I'll throw in Davies as well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
No deal. Onions seems to have a decent record and would be good enough for my XI based on his stats but he has only played 8 tests and his last few outings didn't go as well. I would be better off with someone who has 350 test wickets.

Thanks for the offers but I will keep Dan.:)

Eds

International Debutant
Alright then buddy. I'm finished trading then I think. Undecided on some of the bench spots though.

Pre:
Andrew Strauss
Alistair Cook
Jonathan Trott
Kevin Pietersen
Ian Bell
Eoin Morgan
Matt Prior
Tim Bresnan
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
James Anderson

Ravi Bopara
Monty Panesar
Chris Tremlett

Alistair Cook
Jonathan Trott
Kevin Pietersen
VVS Laxman
Ian Bell
Matt Prior
Tim Bresnan
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
James Anderson

Simon Katich
Amit Mishra
Ishant Sharma

Solved the middle-order batsman situation as well as a bit more depth in Katich. Have various options depending on where we were playing. Only annoying thing is that I got rid of Finn early - he'd have been nice to keep if I knew that I'd get rid of Tremlett.

Cheers for setting this up Hurricane - great game. Would be keen on doing another some time. If every manager was keen to at least negotiate, this would be great. Maybe convince Cribb to simulate a future one as well with his database. Simmage + active managers would be awesome.

Eds

International Debutant
Ishant wouldn't be on the bench for England IMO.
Yeah, I know, my pace depth has slightly weakened. Mistake to get rid of Finn so early, really.

Still think I've improved the team and squad though.