• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game

Eds

International Debutant
Lol, there's no way Bopara will fit into my 14. It's a waste for me to acquire him. You may as well have offered me Tremlett for Dravid, and as desperate as I am for quality fast bowlers, there's no way I can let go of my best Test bat. I have Cummins right now to accompany Zaheer.

How about Tremlett for VVS + one of my back up bats, your pick (except Kohli/Rohit)... or VVS + Ojha?
Who're your backup bats?

Really you shouldn't have actually traded Finn for Katich; just getting Laxman in there for Morgan and keeping Finn as first bowling reserve would've been the best thing for you.
Yeah, in hindsight it would have. Ah well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol, there's no way Bopara will fit into my 14. It's a waste for me to acquire him. You may as well have offered me Tremlett for Dravid, and as desperate as I am for quality fast bowlers, there's no way I can let go of my best Test bat. I have Cummins right now to accompany Zaheer.

How about Tremlett for VVS + one of my back up bats, your pick (except Kohli/Rohit)... or VVS + Ojha?
If he's taking Laxman then his first batting reserve will be Katich, no? He wouldn't really need any more backup bats with that. Do you still have Mishra?

Eds

International Debutant
Well he's been sending down some filthy pies of late but he is one player I think Eds could maybe make some use of in his wider squad as a sweetener.
Thing is though I could use a backup of:

Rahane
Katich
Onions

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thing is though I could use a backup of:

Rahane
Katich
Onions
I don't really get why you'd want two backup batsmen instead of a backup spinner tbh, especially since Katich can bat anywhere and you have James Taylor in reserve (unless you traded him) and Ramps (:ph34r:).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really get why you'd want two backup batsmen instead of a backup spinner tbh, especially since Katich can bat anywhere and you have James Taylor in reserve (unless you traded him) and Ramps (:ph34r:).
Make him trade you India's entire non-Ashwin/Harbhajan spin depth.

Laxman + .. Mishra + Ojha + Kartik + Chawla + Jadeja .. for Tremlett.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Stick Rahane in also and we have a deal.
Just realized I'll need Rahane at the top, since I've traded Gambhir.

You honestly won't need Rahane in your 14, considering you have Katich, as PEWS mentioned. Plus you can only fit so much in your 14 with Mishra in there as well. This is one of the best trades you'll get for Tremlett. A solid middle order bat + a useful backup spin option. It fulfills all your needs.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Rohit Sharma
Kohli
Dhoni
Ashwin
Zaheer Khan