• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game

Athlai

Not Terrible
@ Athlai, Normally I would love to trade Johnson but he's out for 5-6 months. I would have been offering him left, right and center otherwise.

@ Turbs. Who would you want for Laxman? I'm not trading Clarke, Harris or Pattinson but I'm willing to negotiate on any other player/s
Herath for a decent Aussie Test fast bowler?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Who is a player of equal value?
NZ 2nd to 3rd XIers would be fair. Like Rob Nicol/Cumming/Papps/Sinclair/Fulton or Gillespie/McKay/Patel. Two sort of dire n00bs that wouldn't get into the Zimbabwean Test team aren't great offers IMO.

Give him CDG, that'd be gun.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
NZ 2nd to 3rd XIers would be fair. Like Rob Nicol/Cumming/Papps/Sinclair/Fulton or Gillespie/McKay/Patel. Two sort of dire n00bs that wouldn't get into the Zimbabwean Test team aren't great offers IMO.

Fine Morgie CDG - terrific ODI player he will be picked for the bcs eventually.

Needs more focus in the longer form - but with some good Zimbos tucker he can improve.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Also Raval and Verma are not dire. Raval did very well on his home ground when he first started and I would be happier offering him than Gillespie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also Raval and Verma are not dire. Raval did very well on his home ground when he first started and I would be happier offering him than Gillespie.
Raval's home ground? A.k.a state highway one. A.k.a draw city. A.k.a roads ville.

He averaged about 20 away from that pitch which is incredibly poor.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
^Why is Pattinson untouchable after two tests?
I'm a fan of his bowling, I reckon he has great potential and I've already given away some of my quality pace reserves (Siddle, Cummins). Sometimes you've just gotta go with your biases.

@Athlai. No deal on Herath. I like the look of Lyon and Hauritz + O'keefe make acceptable reserves.
Would a combo deal of Watson, Jacques and Copeland get me Jayawardene? Or Watson + any 2 first-class cricketers not in my squad?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm a fan of his bowling, I reckon he has great potential and I've already given away some of my quality pace reserves (Siddle, Cummins). Sometimes you've just gotta go with your biases.

@Athlai. No deal on Herath. I like the look of Lyon and Hauritz + O'keefe make acceptable reserves.
Would a combo deal of Watson, Jacques and Copeland get me Jayawardene? Or Watson + any 2 first-class cricketers not in my squad?
Watson + Dussey + Copeland for Jayawardene?

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I agree. Solves Australia's longest running problem - that of the number 4. Gives me a top order of :

Gambhir
Warner
Marsh
Jayawardene
Clarke
Samaraweera/Hussey.

Not nearly as susceptible to collapsing as my previous batting line-up.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm open to trading that Mashawinge (sp?) bloke. He's pretty low in the pecking order.

Also, whoever needs a spinner can get one of Price, Cremer or Sunny off me.....

Athlai

Not Terrible
My current side:

Hafeez
Paranavitana
Sangakkara
David Hussey
Watson
Mathews
Kashual Silva (+)
Siddle
Herath
Copeland
Riaz

Trades 5/7:
Fernando gone for Mahmudullah
Prasanna Jayawardene gone for Kruger van Wyk & Andre Adams & James Franklin
Randiv & Dilshan gone for Hafeez & Riaz
Samaraweera for Siddle
Jayawardene for Watson, D Hussey, Copeland

Still keen to talk to SA and India.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm open to trading that Mashawinge (sp?) bloke. He's pretty low in the pecking order.

Also, whoever needs a spinner can get one of Price, Cremer or Sunny off me.....
Got enough left arm spinners floating around in NZ.

But are you interested in CDG for Mashawinge -

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
NZ Original XI

Mcullum
Guptil
Ryder
Taylor
Williamson
Brownlie
Vettori
Young
Bracewell
Southee
Martin

12 Boult
13 Watling
14 Arnel

NZ Revised XI

McCullum
Tamim
Ryder
Taylor
Williamson
Brownlie
Vettori
Prasanna
Bracewell
Southee
Martin

12 Watling
13 Mills
14 Young

9 hours left for last minute trades and then post your original 14 and your final 14.