• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OD Minnows

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I just rerembered a WC thread about minnows the best way to develpop them IMO is to put

A.Namibia and Kenya into the South African or Zimbabawean? FC and OD structure

B.Canada in to the West Indian FC and OD structure

C.Holland and Scotland and Ireland into the english FC and OD structure

And have a new tourney every 2/3 years featuring these 6 and 10 A sides of the test teams
eg.4*4 and top 2 through to 1/4 finals or straight KO

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well then County Cricket should have two divisions, with Ireland, Scotland and Holland held in the first division no matter what.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Prince EWS said:
Well then County Cricket should have two divisions, with Ireland, Scotland and Holland held in the first division no matter what.
*Visualises the repeated falling of records*

A) It already has two divisions
B) They will be out of their depth
C) Cricket is semi-pro there, it cannot support FC teams

Langeveldt

Soutie
Namibia have done and AFAIK will continue to play in South Africas Standard Bank Trophy...

However this obviously wont stand them in good stead if they are looking to play test cricket... I dont think they have done or have been invited to play in the 4 day Supersport Cup...

I think sides such as Holland and Denmark should be allowed to play in the English CC and NCL... And a 2 tier system would be nice for this.... Dont hold them in the first division though!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Canada are not good enough yet to make it into the WI torneys they only stood a chance against the other minnows and some teams because Jon Daivson was on fire, and he plays for south Australia and i dont think he would move to play just FC cricket