• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v. Associate XI.

ganeshran

International Debutant
English team management have put a lot of thought into preparing for difficult series. Good job.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good stuff, a game we should win and helps other countries players gain experience at the same time. Win win situation really.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nice to see we are playing the England Lions ahead of the ODI series, I think we should do that more. The Lions will be playing against people they are hoping to replace in the test team, which would hopefully make things more intense. What do you think?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to read that Alastair cook is the English Test Captain, when rolling over his pic.....

Yea, good and interesting idea.

Jacknife

International Captain
Good thinking by the England team, I was wondering who where they going to end up playing and it's good experience for the associate players.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Good idea by the ICC and PCB. Hopefully this will be implemented in the future.

Would love to see Sadaf, Fawad, Usman Salahuddin and Talha in the PCB XI.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Associate XI fielded against England in UAE:

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Kohli
Dhoni
Harbajan
Kumar
Ishant
Zak

England will get a win to boost their confidence, meanwhile the associates will get match practise.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Associate squad's been announced:

William Porterfield* (IRL)
Paul Stirling (IRL)
Kyle Coetzer (SCO)
Craig Williams (NAM)
Saqib Ali (UAE)
Mohammad Shahzad+ (AFG)
Majid Haq (SCO)
Mohammad Nabi (AFG)
George Dockrell (IRL)
Hamid Hassan (AFG)
Boyd Rankin (IRL)

Christi Viljoen (NAM)

Definately enough Ireland and Afghanistan players to make this fun.

Probably two places between Haq, Nabi and Viljoen. The latter is apparently a medium-pace bowling allrounder (I've never seen him play), so will likely get in to bowl first change. Can't see them playing all six bowlers as they need the top six intact. No idea what Saqib is like, but according to Cricinfo he once hit a 195 in the intercontinental, so that'll do I guess. Only other player I've not seen is Williams, Nambia's captain, but he has a good record and it seems is the best bat in his team by a distance, so he fits this middle order quite well.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Associate squad's been announced:

William Porterfield* (IRL)
Paul Stirling (IRL)
Kyle Coetzer (SCO)
Craig Williams (NAM)
Saqib Ali (UAE)
Mohammad Shahzad+ (AFG)
Majid Haq (SCO)
Mohammad Nabi (AFG)
George Dockrell (IRL)
Hamid Hassan (AFG)
Boyd Rankin (IRL)

Christi Viljoen (NAM)

Definately enough Ireland and Afghanistan players to make this fun.

Probably two places between Haq, Nabi and Viljoen. The latter is apparently a medium-pace bowling allrounder (I've never seen him play), so will likely get in to bowl first change. Can't see them playing all six bowlers as they need the top six intact. No idea what Saqib is like, but according to Cricinfo he once hit a 195 in the intercontinental, so that'll do I guess. Only other player I've not seen is Williams, Nambia's captain, but he has a good record and it seems is the best bat in his team by a distance, so he fits this middle order quite well.
That's not a bad side at all tbh, could easily be competitive in limited overs

Viljoen should be playing ahead of Haq for sure though