• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan Singh robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
scared this will be seen as racist

HARBY IS A SAINT

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Extraordinary over reaction. If he'd been hurt or worse I could understand.

Heaven help us if there's a faint nick not given this summer. Ridiculous on your part.
Doesn't matter. My point is had this been any other player, they would have been in with a warning instead of participating in it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hb chill out. I understand that the Indian trolling can be annoying (and let's not pretend that long stabding members don't partake in this trolling, as opposed to multis or new members who seem to irritate aforementioned longstanding members) but reacting in such a way is the wrong way to go about this mate.
Apparently, reacting in any way against such trolls is wrong.. FFS, we have a mod partaking in this.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is strange, honestbharani. Have you not seen all the threads poking fun at Ponting, Johnson, Siddle etc?

ganeshran

International Debutant
In other news, Praveen Kumar's gun was stolen from his home yesterday.

A day after off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was robbed off his valuables, police in Meerut on Tuesday revealed that a revolver was stolen from the house of another cricketer, Praveen Kumar.

"We received a complaint from cricketer Praveen Kumar on December 9 alleging that his revolver has been

stolen from his Multan Nagar residence," revealed the TP Nagar police station incharge.

He informed that an investigation into the matter has been initiated but added that it seems the cricketer might have misplaced the weapon somewhere in his home.
However, family members of Praveen believe that the revolver went missing from the home after the cricketer had an interaction with his fans.

"On the morning of December 9, Praveen was interacting with his fans in the courtyard and in the evening we found that the revolver was missing from the home. We searched our house for two days but could not locate the weapon, after that we informed the police," said a family member of the cricketer.

The missing revolver was bought by Praveen after his inclusion into the national side, elder brother of the cricketer, Vinay Kumar, said.

Interestingly, Harbhajan lost his passport, credit cards and driving license to a group of thieves, who vandalised his car, at a place near Karnal yesterday.

Praveen is currently nursing a rib injury which led to Karnataka seamer Abhimanyu Mithun replacing him in the Indian team for the upcoming tour of Australia.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India...-Kumar-s-revolver-stolen/Article1-781763.aspx

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is strange, honestbharani. Have you not seen all the threads poking fun at Ponting, Johnson, Siddle etc?
Dude, this has happened in multiple threads. Did you see me reacting this way in those? I think the guy is a moron at times too, but to have a whole thread to troll/bait/poke fun at him is just strange. I just don't see it being left open without at least a warning had it been any other player. Simple as.

Spark

Global Moderator
Given that we have a thread dedicated to poking fun at Ponting currently active and had like three poking fun at Johnson in the recent past, and given the threads made about Broad post the Eng-SL series... I'd say you need to look harder.

That's not to say that there hasn't been some below-par posting going on in this thread, hence the previous warning, but to complain about a thread poking fun at Harbhajan being allowed because it's Harbhajan is a little odd.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dude, this has happened in multiple threads. Did you see me reacting this way in those? I think the guy is a moron at times too, but to have a whole thread to troll/bait/poke fun at him is just strange. I just don't see it being left open without at least a warning had it been any other player. Simple as.
Really? Tbh it strikes me that there is only one other player about which such a thread could be made and this sort of action would have been taken.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Given that we have a thread dedicated to poking fun at Ponting currently active and had like three poking fun at Johnson in the recent past, and given the threads made about Broad post the Eng-SL series... I'd say you need to look harder.

That's not to say that there hasn't been some below-par posting going on in this thread, hence the previous warning, but to complain about a thread poking fun at Harbhajan being allowed because it's Harbhajan is a little odd.
Well, if that is what is happening, then I would say that is wrong too, esp. if the people poking fun are obvious anti-certain country posters who are just baiting and trolling that nation's supporters on this forum.

But let me just check them out though... It would be good to see where exactly they were accused of having said racist stuff with zero evidence. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Really? Tbh it strikes me that there is only one other player about which such a thread could be made and this sort of action would have been taken.
Nah, if the thread was about that player, the number of people arguing about the trolling/baiting and responding to said trolls would just be like 20X more.. And would force the mods to take action with the trolling from either side.

Spark

Global Moderator
Again, I'm not saying the posting in this thread has been flash, but there's no rule that says you can't poke fun at players.

There is a rule that says you can't poke fun at other players as a proxy for having a dig at other posters, ofc, because that's trolling, and of course everyone should be aware of the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.