• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Watson Appreciation Society

Flem274*

123/5
A thread to appreciate the comic genius that is Mark Watson, New Zealand talkback host and massive Black Caps fan.

The below post was kindly donated at gunpoint by 99*, incidentally a spinner so bad he makes Jeets look good.

Gave a quick listen to him tonight to see what he had to say about the cricket.

Could only last 10 minutes. A few key highlights:

- Both teams are **** and only the fact that we played less **** than Aussie is the reason we won.
- The result proves that Vettori is not needed in the side.
- The players will let the result get to their ego's and will make them think they're unstoppable.
A highlight from last week when I listened;

"I would drop McCullum, drop Ryder, sit down with Taylor and ask him some serious questions and then I would look at Vettori. The team culture needs to change (player power etc) and I think he plays a big part in that."

The same Vettori who had just scored 96 to save us from embarrassment for a few more days ftr.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Watson is an ignorant, arrogant, dense, dribbling troglodyte whose complete lack of insight into cricket is only rivalled by his lack of insight into the fatuousness of his own commentary.

... and those are only his best qualities.

But we all knew that already. Not worth wasting any more words.

thierry henry

International Coach
Ross on the other hand is great for team culture (because he isn't Vettori and therefore isn't a ravenous succubus who only survives by devouring the failure of his teammates)

ganeshran

International Debutant
It's mostly to do with him being a ravenous succubus who only survives by devouring the failure of his teammates
which teammates do you mean?

Also, why would Vettori need to survive on failures of his teammates? Left Arm spinners are usually more a defensive option than to take wickets - vettori however has 355 scalps at a decent rate. To top that, his batting average is touching 30 which is great for someone who bats at 8 or 9 position.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant, I love this thread. A lot of potential in this one.

I won't listen to this chump as long as I live but I appreciate being kept in the loop

I can agree with the fact that Vettori missing that last game was a good thing. He wouldn't have contributed anything with the ball and his store-bought technique wouldn't have fit that pitch. Boult offered a hell of a lot more.

But anyone who thinks he doesn't have a place at 6/7 in this side gets no agreeance from me.

Worst thing is, Watson is now going to Saturday mornings. He deserves the late shift with the glue sniffers and AA members ringing up slurring.

thierry henry

International Coach
I am too young to have really seen Lillee, Sobers or Richards play much. I dislike them purely because of the hopeless attempts by CWers at making them seem better than their stats indicate.