• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracewell should have been given the Man of the match

ganeshran

International Debutant
It was a great knock by Warner, but IMO bracewell deserved it more. They should have atleast shared the award

Woodster

International Captain
It is the problem when the watching Australian public gets to vote for the Man of the Match.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I bet Cricket Australia wont try that during the India tour. Indian public will make sure we win all 4 MoM awards even if the result is 4-0 to Oz. :laugh:

kingkallis

International Coach
Totally agree but C9 viewers loved that knock of Warner.

Apply such rule in India and no foreign player would get the MoM award, EVER!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd have given it to Warner. Lots of bowlers took wickets but only one batsman scored runs.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And quite frankly, the fact the voting was open well before the end of the test with the result possibly going either way is equally to 'blame' for the support for Warner.

Actually agree with Uppercut here too. Making a hundred on that deck was something pretty special from Warner. Only the 6th man to carry his bat in the 4th innings. I don't begrudge him MOTM.

Top_Cat

Yeah, would rate a bowler getting on a roll below having to bat and change tempo like Warner had to, especially as the rest of the side crashed around him. But for bugger-all runs, it was a match-winning knock.

Woodster

International Captain
Don't think anyone disagrees that Warner's knock was an excellent effort on that pitch, but there's only one man that changed the match entirely around and ultimately led his side to victory, Warner couldn't manage that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia were paying 1.03 before Bracewell's magic.

One of the few occasions when you can properly say an individual player won their team a match.

Uppercut

Haha yeah I love the headline on cricinfo: "Bracewell conjures seven-run New Zealand win".

It depends what you're looking for, some people won't give it to someone on the losing side ever. In low-scoring games I tend to go with the batsman that played a great innings and go with the bowlers when they win games on flat decks. It shows a bit more skill, it's succeeding at a more difficult task.

BeeGee

International Captain
I'd have given it to Warner. Lots of bowlers took wickets but only one batsman scored runs.
It was a great knock, but the problem I have with it is that you're judging Warner on ONE innings, not the entire match. Warner failed in the first innings. Bracewell took 3 for 20 in the first and 6 for 40 in the second. It's Man of the Match, not man of the innings.

Polo23

International Debutant
Bracewell should have got it, he single handedly changed the match and won it for NZ. Warner played a brilliant knock, but it was not a match winnings innings.

The issue here is the ridiculous voting system channel 9 have for the MOTM. The general public shouldn't have any say in the outcome of the MOTM, regardless of what country it is, they are going to be biased towards the team they support. After the result of that MOTM award I doubt it's going to be around for long anyway.