• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracewell should have been given the Man of the match

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Was their a cash prize for MOTM? And how much did it cost to send a text?

Would be hilarious if you could manipulate the system and make a friend win, or make some one like Phil Hughes win.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was their a cash prize for MOTM? And how much did it cost to send a text?

Would be hilarious if you could manipulate the system and make a friend win, or make some one like Phil Hughes win.
It's an app; doesn't cost anything. You can only vote once per phone though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It's an app; doesn't cost anything. You can only vote once per phone though.
Ah OK. Was a bit confused by a mention of txting. I initially thought this was done with the vodafone app.

At least they were smart enough to limit to once per phone.

Spark

Global Moderator
The people that got them? Yep, them. No one remembers what happens in random Twenty20 internationals, shall we not have them too?

If no one cares, don't have MoMs. If they do (and clearly they do, there's a thread on them plus quite a few articles) then don't use a Mickey Mouse voting system where people from one country are allowed to vote DURING the Test (not at the conclusion) on text messaging.
The point is, there's no need for everyone to get so worked up about it.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
That's a really weak argument.

A man of the match is the man who had the most influence on the match, for mine. Basically, the guy who was most influential in his side winning. And that was Bracewell.

Perfect example - Nathan Astle's 222 in 2002 v England, he wasn't the man of the match. Yet that was the standout effort of the Test. Thorpe scored 200 and was rightly given it.

Does it matter? Sure it does. It means something to the players. And to have the Australian public voting on it is ridiculous.
Yeah but it happens. I remember growing up and Chris Cairns would regularly get MVP in one dayers where he had got 7 and 1-51. The public can't be trusted with this sort of vote as they vote with their hearts not heads.

Brendan Bracewell said Doug won't care a jot and I bet he doesn't. It was a fantastic innings from Warner, probably not MOTM worthy but damn close.