• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Freedom from Nimbus Sports.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonderful...Hope Ten/Star sports gets the contract
STAR, I don't mind, but I hope they cover domestic cricket as well. Neo did well so far on the domestic cricket front, far better than DD Sports, who made cricket in India outright unwatchable, even at the international level. Neo was a huge improvement over them.

But not TEN, please! Their coverage of the Indian tour of South Africa was horrible. They tried to sneak in too many ads in little time, and their advertising methods were so intrusive, it was rude. Worse, instead of admitting a mistake, or assuring a look into it, they actually justified the brazen sell-out as a means to sustain the business. They have no business covering Indian cricket, and should stick to football in India.

shankar

International Debutant
"They were bringing hockey players during the breaks of the cricket matches and forcing commentators Sanjay Manjrekar and Courtney Walsh to ask questions with the hockey players."
:laugh:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
STAR, I don't mind, but I hope they cover domestic cricket as well. Neo did well so far on the domestic cricket front, far better than DD Sports, who made cricket in India outright unwatchable, even at the international level. Neo was a huge improvement over them.

But not TEN, please! Their coverage of the Indian tour of South Africa was horrible. They tried to sneak in too many ads in little time, and their advertising methods were so intrusive, it was rude. Worse, instead of admitting a mistake, or assuring a look into it, they actually justified the brazen sell-out as a means to sustain the business. They have no business covering Indian cricket, and should stick to football in India.
This. Ten Sports sucks big time. Steyn is running in to Tendulkar and suddenly on both sides of the batsman spring up ads for some stupid restaurant.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
need better Indian commentators. None, and I mean none of the current crop, new and old, are worth two ****s in a bedpan.

ganeshran

International Debutant

I doubt if EspnStar would give importance to domestic cricket. they have a lot of programming wth them and Indian domestic scene generates low TRPs. Maybe they should give the domestic coverage contract for free to DD sports - who will surely broadcast it.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
I doubt if EspnStar would give importance to domestic cricket. they have a lot of programming wth them and Indian domestic scene generates low TRPs. Maybe they should give the domestic coverage contract for free to DD sports - who will surely broadcast it.
I dont think so as there cricket channel STAR cricket doesnt have that much live programming(apart from england and australia home matches and ICC events) so they can easily show domestic matches on it like neo cricket does

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Deploy the Bumble!

NO but seriously don't you guys have you know some proper TV groups capable of making a half decent broadcast.

Why they need to have ads in is beyond me I mean lets faces it the BCCI isn't short of cash and I imagine the rights to broadcast Indian cricket would be pretty juicy.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Deploy the Bumble!

NO but seriously don't you guys have you know some proper TV groups capable of making a half decent broadcast.

Why they need to have ads in is beyond me I mean lets faces it the BCCI isn't short of cash and I imagine the rights to broadcast Indian cricket would be pretty juicy.
The ads are shown by the broadcasters not the BCCI. And the juicy pie is the exact reason that broadcasters use such techniques.TV rights for Indian cricket are obscenely expensive and every penny is squeezed out of live cricket.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Deploy the Bumble!

The TV broadcasters bid ridiculously large amounts of money to win the telecast rights. Now to make any profit from the telecast, they stick in ads wherever possible.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully, the new broadcaster if there is one, shows domestic matches like Neo too.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Most of STAR cricket match broadcasts are not very popular in India, including the internationals. Domestic matches, largely due to Cricinfo and Neo, have generated a lot of interest, and a lot of these players have figured in the IPL. Indian domestic has a greater fan following in India than several overseas cricket events. Many Indian cricket fans would choose a domestic game over, say, Bangladesh tour of England, or a WI/SL Test series, or any of the many random ODI series not involving India.

The channel is full of stock footage. They have better infrastructure and can record the entire season, with a spotlight match telecast.