• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minnows

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought it would be interesting to make up a team of all the players from teams below Kenya. I certainly couldnt do it but Im sure there would be a few minnow experts among us.

Bluefox

Cricket Spectator
John Davison RHB OB-Canada-Very Good world cup averaged about 38 with bat strike rate 118 and 18 with the ball.

J.B Burger RHB LB-Namibia-Good world cup averaged about 30 with the bat and a strike rate of 100 and got 3 wickets.

Ed Joyce LHB-Ireland-Has good first class stats plays county cricket.

Colin Smith RHB WK-Scotland-Has pretty good first class stats and had a good icc trophy.

Bas Zuiderent RHB-Holland- Hasnt done much at international level but has done some good stuff in other forms.

Tim Deleede RHB RM-Holland-Pretty good record at ODI level.

Arul Suppiah RHB SLA-Malaysia-Dont know much about him other then he plays county cricket and has ok stats.

Amjad Khan RFM RHB-Denmark-same as above.

Ryan Eagleson RFM RHB-Ireland-Done some good things in county and icc trophy and played well in the hong kong sixes he played for hong kong for some reason.

J Blain RFM RHB-Scotland-Has a ok county record and went very well in the 99 world cup.

Rudi Van Vuuren RFM-Namibia-Other than getting 0/90 odd against Aus had a good world cup.

Roland Lefebvre RM RHB-Holland-Has a pretty good record allround.

deeps

International 12th Man
Dan Van Buunge from the netherlands..avgs only 19 in ODI's but has plenty of talent..made a crucial 62 in a world cup match..

Talented young all-rounder already playing regularly for the VCC first team. Represented Holland at many age-group levels Including at the U15 World Cup in England, 1996 & on the U17 tour of England 1997. Was on stand-by for the International Youth Tournament(U19) in Bermuda 1997. Brother of Job & Coen who also play for VCC. Daan is the youngest and latest member of the Netherlands national squad, and shows much promise as an opening batsman Technically strong and sound, the 2003 World Cup should be a fantastic learning experience for Daan. Having spent the last three months playing in South Africa he should be well adjusted to the conditions. Has an excellent pair of hands in the slips.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bluefox, that's twelve players...

My XI (not necessarily in batting order):

John Davison - not really a Canadian, but who cares. Excellent performance in the ING Cup some days ago, plus a good World Cup. Canada's best batting and bowling average. Says it all, really.

Frederik Klokker - Denmark. Huge talent with the bat, also a very good keeper.

Zeeshan Ali - Norway. Yes, I do have a thing about him, but he is our best player, and Norway are unbeaten yet. So in the squad.

RP Lefebvre - Netherlands. Solid allrounder.

Craig Wright - Scotland. All-rounder, with excellent stats both in the National League (35 games, 22 with bat, 19 with ball, SR 29 with ball) and in the ICC Trophy (8 games, 28 with bat, 11 with ball, SR 16 with ball).

AJ Burger - Namibia. OK World Cup, best Namibian stats.

Amjad Khan - never plays for Denmark, because Kent wants him. That should tell enough about the young all-rounder.

A Codrington - Canada. 6 wickets @ 21.50 at the World Cup, also SR at 25. Has to be said though, 4 of those wickets were Bangladeshi tailenders (Kapali, Rafique, Baisya, Mortaza). Bit uneconomical at times as well.

Daan van Buunge - Netherlands (thanks deeps)

Junior Kwebiha - Uganda. Dunno much about him, but averaged 52 with the bat in the ICC Trophy (OK, 2 not outs, but still) and took 11 wickets @ 15.

Søren Vestergaard - Denmark. Took 20 wickets in the last ICC Trophy. Total of 36 wickets @ 14.30. An experienced bowler of 31 who has been at Glamorgan and Warwickshire without much success there.

Mainly selected on country stats.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Amjad Khan - never plays for Denmark, because Kent wants him. That should tell enough about the young keeper.
The guy's an opening bowler and pinch hitter :)

I think Burton van Rooi has a reasonable claim (had a brilliant ICC Trophy but was overlooked for the Namibians in the World Cup). Does Gavin Hamilton count?

Suppiah (ex-Exeter University :)) plays/played for Somerset but hasn't done too much for them.

Langeveldt

Soutie
1. T De Leede (Hol) (wk??)
2. F Kloppenburg (Hol)
3. A Burger (Nam)
4. D Keulder (Nam) *
5. R Lefebvre (Hol)
6. J Davison (Can)
7.E Joyce (Ire)
8. B Van Rooi (Nam)
9. A Khan (Den)
10. R Van Vuuren (Nam)
11. J Blain (Sco)

Arul Suppiah plays for somerset... I never knew he was Malaysian.. Havent seen him a lot, looks like a tidy SLA... Should see more of him in years to come...

PY

International Coach
Should have made de Leede captain and then their fans could sing 'follow de leede, leede' to the tune of a song whose name escapes me.

:saint:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
De Leede cannot keep.

Wickie-wise, your best bet is probably Namibian Morné Karg, who's no mean batsman either.

I can't believe Klaas-Jan van Noortwijk and Feiko Kloppenburg (the Dutch Centurions against Namibia in the WC) haven't got mentions yet!

There's also Scottish left-arm spinner Majid Haq who impressed in the NCL last year.

Does Rahul McDravid count?

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Does Rahul McDravid count?
LOL :lol: - I think he has already played for another team who was that? :saint:

Originally posted by Samuel_Vimes
Amjad Khan - never plays for Denmark, because Kent wants him. That should tell enough about the young keeper.
As Neil said, he is a very lively opening bowler and certainly knows how to handle his bat, Neil calling him a pinch hitter is semi true, in One Dayers we have tried him opening as a pinch hitter... but in the longer game he can certainly bat sensibly too, hit 77* ish last season as a new highest score :)

At present unless Kent actually sign players, his probley our best All-Rounder at present possibley along with James Treadwell.

Bluefox

Cricket Spectator
yeah prince im the same bluefox.
thers no one at the rugby league ones any more than i found this place the other day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah the rugby league ones are dead. I actually got told about this place on the rleague.com forums. Good to see you here.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
The guy's an opening bowler and pinch hitter
Originally posted by Rich2001
As Neil said, he is a very lively opening bowler and certainly knows how to handle his bat, Neil calling him a pinch hitter is semi true, in One Dayers we have tried him opening as a pinch hitter... but in the longer game he can certainly bat sensibly too, hit 77* ish last season as a new highest score
I stand corrected. Klokker is the Danish keeper, of course (and a good one at that!).

Anyway, my point was that Khan's so good that Kent doesn't want to give him away for internationals, so therefore he should be guaranteed a place in the team (although I believe his goal is to play Tests for England :P)

amits

Banned
from my knowledge of minnows (note: some players of teams not to play odi cricket have been selected)

J Molins (Ire)
J Davison (Can)
K van Nortwijk (Hol)
T DeLede (Hol)
JB Burger (Nam)
R Lefebvre (Hol)
A Bagai (Can) (wk)
M Shrestha (Nep)
K Kamyuka (Uga)
J Blain (Sco)
A Codrington (Can)

amits

Banned
on another note, how about a minnow xi of players not from odi teams. u cant select players from holland, namibia, canada, uae and scotland out here. i can make up this xi as well.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Junior Kwebiha - Uganda. Dunno much about him, but averaged 52 with the bat in the ICC Trophy (OK, 2 not outs, but still) and took 11 wickets @ 15.
You might not know this but he is a real allrounder. He bats alright, bowls well, more decent fielder and plays basketball for the Uganda National basketball team.

he is a regular and key player in both national squads