• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most disgraceful,unsporstmanlike and undignified incident on the cricket field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been sitting here for exactly 4 minutes now, thinking of how to insult you and your opinion on medium pacers. Will let someone else do the honours.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Thought of a few, completely random:

Haynes pointing the bat at Healy
Lara accusing Healy of being a cheat over a stumping
Ranatunga reacting appallingly to Healy calling him a fat ****.*

*Common thread here is these players all having it in for Healy.

Ganguly cheating in the 03 WC final.
Harbhajan's career basically. Racism and all.
Tendulkar ball tampering. Blatant cheating.
Tendulkar's cochlea implants failing in Sydney, 2008
Gambhir elbowing Watson
Dhoni with the worst half volley ever claimed in cricket off Pietersen a few years back as the oh so innocent Indian slips cordon watched on and let him walk off.
Kumble whining about the "spirit of cricket" two tests after giving Md Yousuf the most appalling spray when he was bowling to him in a test match.
The appalling behavior of the Indian team on day five of the Madras tie. Sickening stuff.
Gavaskar's racism towards WI fans in his book.
Gavaskar's dummy spit and taking his opening partner off the field with him.
Sreesanth being born.
Indian book makers tempting innocent Australian players for weather information.
Zaheer Khan abusing Hayden and Gilchrist 2003 WC final (this was actually funny - like a five year old trying to scare an MMA world champion).
Ishant Sharma's mullet.
The IPL.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more.
:laugh:

ret

International Debutant
I've been sitting here for exactly 4 minutes now, thinking of how to insult you and your opinion on medium pacers. Will let someone else do the honours.
may be you are trundling to post :D

on a serious note, there is no point in getting worked up. forums are abt opinions .... most of us are champions at not only dishing out insults (if we want to) but also taking them on our stride so such attempts are childish

wanted to ignore your post but thought abt giving a friendly advise as sometimes ppl don't know what they could get into :)

ret

International Debutant
Thought of a few, completely random:

Haynes pointing the bat at Healy
Lara accusing Healy of being a cheat over a stumping
Ranatunga reacting appallingly to Healy calling him a fat ****.*

*Common thread here is these players all having it in for Healy.

Ganguly cheating in the 03 WC final.
Harbhajan's career basically. Racism and all.
Tendulkar ball tampering. Blatant cheating.
Tendulkar's cochlea implants failing in Sydney, 2008
Gambhir elbowing Watson
Dhoni with the worst half volley ever claimed in cricket off Pietersen a few years back as the oh so innocent Indian slips cordon watched on and let him walk off.
Kumble whining about the "spirit of cricket" two tests after giving Md Yousuf the most appalling spray when he was bowling to him in a test match.
The appalling behavior of the Indian team on day five of the Madras tie. Sickening stuff.
Gavaskar's racism towards WI fans in his book.
Gavaskar's dummy spit and taking his opening partner off the field with him.
Sreesanth being born.
Indian book makers tempting innocent Australian players for weather information.
Zaheer Khan abusing Hayden and Gilchrist 2003 WC final (this was actually funny - like a five year old trying to scare an MMA world champion).
Ishant Sharma's mullet.
The IPL.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more.
good one! :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe for an 9,10,11 but even then if he got out it means the result isn't assured.

Seeing G Swann raise his bat after a 35 is a joke. What next a crafty 20?

It fits the BT headwobble theory (he was boofhead AFL player). If you start brining the kids out to the field for 150 games, or celebrate milestones like 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 games it loses its meaning and in cricket it puts something special, a test hundred, alongside a run of the mill average performance.
I see what you're saying. But a match saving innings that lasts for about 4 hours or more from which the total runs accrued is around the 50 mark is imo much more deserving of applause than someone spanking a triple century out of a completely awful bowling attack. Let's compare for instance, Paul Collingwood's innings against Australia in Cardiff in 2009, and Ravi Bopara slapping an awful West Indies attack all over the place at Lords not long before. There's little doubt in my mind that the former innings deserves far more plaudits than the latter, and I doubt you'd find many who would disagree. One should look to the nature and context of the performance, rather than the score itself imo. Besides, if the crowd want to give a standing ovation to a batsman who is walking off, I'm not going to begrudge them lifting their bat to acknowledge their appreciation in return.

Daemon

may be you are trundling to post :D

on a serious note, there is no point in getting worked up. forums are abt opinions .... most of us are champions at not only dishing out insults (if we want to) but also taking them on our stride so such attempts are childish

wanted to ignore your post but thought abt giving a friendly advise as sometimes ppl don't know what they could get into :)
Nah, forums are all about arguing and insulting :p

ret

International Debutant
Nah, forums are all about arguing and insulting :p
haha, but I hope it didn't take you 4 mins to think that^ up :ph34r:

In 4 mins, I could think up of at least a few ways to attack my own point .... hopefully, you will agree that one needs to be "quick" :p

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
No but you need to be more considerate of a very, very sensitive section of the membership. Personally I don't care. But loosely chucking in the term "pegging" may lead to Migara's involvement in the thread, that's all. I'm just keeping a considerate eye out on anything may offend other supporters. You don't want to be seen to consistently bag out one set of players or supporters over multiple threads where you attempt to elevate your own players over those from other countries who are regarded by many as better.

Not that you're doing that.

Not that it's going on at all in CC at the moment either.

Oh wait.....
I see what you did here

karan316

State Vice-Captain
You people are going off topic, maybe you cannot accept that your overhyped idol was similar to Sreeshant and Nel in his time,

Here are some other great Aussie incidents and facts,

Dennis Lillee using an aluminium bat and acting like an immature teenager when he wasn't allowed to use it, disrespecting his own captain,

Lillee and Rodney Marsh placing bets on England when the bookmakers at the ground were offering odds of 500–1 on an England victory, and Australia went on to loose the match, that matter wasn't taken seriously even though they have openly discussed about it(it would have become a huge issue if there were 2 Asian players involved in such an incident.)

Trevor Chappell bowling underarm to avoid being hit for 6 runs off the last ball,
"it was an act of true cowardice and I consider it appropriate that the Australian team were wearing yellow" - New Zealand Prime Minister Robert Muldoon.

Mark Waugh and Shane Warne taking money from bookmakers for pitch and weather information but the ACB covered up the matter because they both had accused Salim Malik to bribe them to loose and their credibility as witnesses would be damaged. The incident took place in 1994-95, but it was out in the media in late 1998.

Shane Warne charged with bringing the game into disrepute in 1999 for his comments about the Sri Lankan captain Arjuna Ranatunga, this was what he said about him, "There is plenty of animosity between Arjuna and myself. I don't like him and I'm not in a club of one."

Ricky Ponting was involved in a nightclub brawl at Kings Cross for which he received a $5,000 fine, a five match suspension and a black eye.

Ernie Jones- pioneer of chucking.

Talking about Sydney test, I think the Australians should be ashamed of even talking about it, 8 wrong decisions favouring Australia(including 3rd umpire making errors) , but still the Indians went on to complete the game, a captain would have mostly abandoned the match in such a situation because the decisions weren't even close ones , when the third umpire gives a wrong decision then it just becomes too bizzare, on top of it Ponting and Clarke claiming two catches when the ball was clearly hitting the ground, I don't remember a test match where there are 8 wrong decisions given in favour of 1 team.

And the Harbhajan Symonds incident is just blown out of proportion, it was typical Aussie cheating, there was no evidence which would prove that Harbhajan was guilty, they were just targeting him because he was the main Indian bowler and was the main threat for the Aussie batsman.

But there is still no incident that can match Dennis Lillee kicking an opposition batsman and the ACB favouring him.
Described by Wisden as "one of the most undignified incidents in Test history."

Last edited:

Spikey

Ricky Ponting was involved in a nightclub brawl at Kings Cross for which he received a $5,000 fine, a five match suspension and a black eye.

What a guy. sachin has never even gone to a nightclub cause he's a girly man

benchmark00

Worth noting that Ponting was out celebrating North Melbourne's 1999 Premiership victory when he got in that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.