• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most disgraceful,unsporstmanlike and undignified incident on the cricket field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Thought of a few, completely random:

Haynes pointing the bat at Healy
Lara accusing Healy of being a cheat over a stumping
Ranatunga reacting appallingly to Healy calling him a fat ****.*

*Common thread here is these players all having it in for Healy.

Ganguly cheating in the 03 WC final.
Harbhajan's career basically. Racism and all.
Tendulkar ball tampering. Blatant cheating.
Tendulkar's cochlea implants failing in Sydney, 2008
Gambhir elbowing Watson
Dhoni with the worst half volley ever claimed in cricket off Pietersen a few years back as the oh so innocent Indian slips cordon watched on and let him walk off.
Kumble whining about te "spirit of cricket" two tests after giving Md Yousu the most appalling spray when he was bowling to him in a test match.
The appalling behavior of the Indian team on day five of the Madras tie. Sickening stuff.
Gavaskar's racism towards WI fans in his book.
Gavaskar's dummy spit and taking his opening partner off the field with him.
Sreesanth being born.
Indian book makers tempting innocent Australian players for weather information.
Zaheer Khan abusing Hatden and Gilchrist 2003 WC final (this was actually funny - like a five year old trying to scare an MMA world champion).
Ishant Sharma's mullet.
The IPL.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more.
:laughing:

Mankad?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bradman to Lillee, must be moving alphabetically. expect McGrath next followed by Warne
You left out Miller. No doubt his off field behavior will come under scrutiny.

Oh that reminds me, Azharuddin and match fixing. He's now in parliament isn't he? Be like Judy Moran being elected the Member for Kingston here. But oh, he could play off his pads, so it's all right.

Last edited:

Burgey

Yes, yes. Mankad. A new way of bowling for run outs. Typical.

I think it was Arthur Morris he did it too as well. I mean, if a Gentleman's XI was picked, Arthur would be captain ffs. And this arsehole does that to him. Can't believe it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Asif, Amir and Butt.
Harbhajan slapping Sreesanth.
Ramnaresh Sarwan's sledge about Glenn McGrath's cancer-stricken wife.
Underarm.
The aforementioned Inzamam assault of a spectator.
Whoever it was that threw a brick into the crowd (WI fast bowler maybe, memory failing).

There's been quite a few others.

Burgey

Waqar Younis pegging two beamers at Symonds at the 03 World Cup.
Yes but hey, Waqar could bowl them inswingers. So it's ok.

And don't mention "pegging" ok? Has at least two other meanings, one of which is rude, the other sensitive to SL members.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Also, Dravid spitting on the ball while sucking a lolly on camera in 2004. Though it didn't have the Murray Mint effect his match fine suggested.

Burgey

Asif, Amir and Butt.
Harbhajan slapping Sreesanth.
Ramnaresh Sarwan's sledge about Glenn McGrath's cancer-stricken wife.
Underarm.
The aforementioned Inzamam assault of a spectator.
Whoever it was that threw a brick into the crowd (WI fast bowler maybe, memory failing).

There's been quite a few others.
Underarm was well within the rules. Doesn't belong in here tbh. Same with Lillee defending himself against thug Miandad.

Burgey

Also, Dravid spitting on the ball while sucking a lolly on camera in 2004. Though it didn't have the Murray Mint effect his match fine suggested.
Yep. Another one.

Don't get me started on the lack of sportsmanship from England in the mid-2000s. Of course, we all know that started when Nasser was captain. No coincidence.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
And don't mention "pegging" ok? Has at least two other meanings, one of which is rude, the other sensitive to SL members.
Neither of those meanings make any sense in the context of my post (in fact I didn't even consider them). Bit of an overreaction.

FWIW the worst thing I've seen in cricket would be a tie between the whole Cronje scandal and the underarm ball.

Burgey

Warnie's send-off of Andrew Hudson in 1994 was utter cringe.

Ditto Harper's claimed catch off Bevan in the last-ball classic on New Year's Day 1996.
Again, Hudson provoking Warne there by not getting out. Deserved it. And Warne was under enormous pressure from all the abuse by the SA crowds. Was only a kid then.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Thought of a few, completely random:

Haynes pointing the bat at Healy
Lara accusing Healy of being a cheat over a stumping
Ranatunga reacting appallingly to Healy calling him a fat ****.*

*Common thread here is these players all having it in for Healy.

Ganguly cheating in the 03 WC final.
Harbhajan's career basically. Racism and all.
Tendulkar ball tampering. Blatant cheating.
Tendulkar's cochlea implants failing in Sydney, 2008
Gambhir elbowing Watson
Dhoni with the worst half volley ever claimed in cricket off Pietersen a few years back as the oh so innocent Indian slips cordon watched on and let him walk off.
Kumble whining about the "spirit of cricket" two tests after giving Md Yousuf the most appalling spray when he was bowling to him in a test match.
The appalling behavior of the Indian team on day five of the Madras tie. Sickening stuff.
Gavaskar's racism towards WI fans in his book.
Gavaskar's dummy spit and taking his opening partner off the field with him.
Sreesanth being born.
Indian book makers tempting innocent Australian players for weather information.
Zaheer Khan abusing Hayden and Gilchrist 2003 WC final (this was actually funny - like a five year old trying to scare an MMA world champion).
Ishant Sharma's mullet.
The IPL.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more.
Nothing comes close to kicking the opposition batsman on the cricket field.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Latif claimed a catch against Bangladesh after the ball had dropped to the ground. IIRC, one of Robelinda's videos had a aussie keeper doing the same too

Burgey

Neither of those meanings make any sense in the context of my post (in fact I didn't even consider them). Bit of an overreaction.

FWIW the worst thing I've seen in cricket would be a tie between the whole Cronje scandal and the underarm ball.
No but you need to be more considerate of a very, very sensitive section of the membership. Personally I don't care. But loosely chucking in the term "pegging" may lead to Migara's involvement in the thread, that's all. I'm just keeping a considerate eye out on anything may offend other supporters. You don't want to be seen to consistently bag out one set of players or supporters over multiple threads where you attempt to elevate your own players over those from other countries who are regarded by many as better.

Not that you're doing that.

Not that it's going on at all in CC at the moment either.

Oh wait.....

Burgey

Nothing comes close to kicking the opposition batsman on the cricket field.
****, I left out threatening to go home because of losing nine wickets in two sessions, including three in an over to a part timer.

My bad.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know about cricket field, but leaving Karan and Burgey locked inside a closed room should lead to very disgraceful and undignified chain of incidents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.