• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
Fantasy Cricket Competitions - Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans Test Public Competition - Key: 1323744862

FIXTURES

Tour matches

Thu Dec 15 - Fri Dec 16
Cricket Australia Chairman's XI v Indians
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Mon Dec 19 - Wed Dec 21
Cricket Australia Chairman's XI v Indians
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Tests

Mon Dec 26 - Fri Dec 30
1st Test - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Tue Jan 3 - Sat Jan 7
2nd Test - Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground

Fri Jan 13 - Tue Jan 17
3rd Test - Australia v India
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Tue Jan 24 - Sat Jan 28
4th Test - Australia v India
Adelaide Oval

T20s

Wed Feb 1
1st T20I - Australia v India
Stadium Australia, Sydney

Fri Feb 3
2nd T20I - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

===

NZ tour over, two weeks out - good time as any.

(We'll have a separate thread for the ODI tri-series, I think)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Should be a good series.

Still think 1-1, despite the Hobart result.

Good for Australia that they are starting in Melbourne like they did in 2007/08. India do not have a good record there (generally start well on day 1 then lose the plot).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Warner
Marsh
Watson
Hussey
Clarke
Christian
Nevill/Wade
Siddle
Harris
Pattinson
Lyon

rewarding Domestic performances, and sending a message to those dropped that their performances are not acceptable. For a few of them it will mean the end of the line, but hopefully for the rest they rediscover their touch where they should - First Class Cricket, not in the Test arena.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Assuming Cutting's fit (and Harris & Johnson are injured), I'd go for the following for the boxing day Test.

Watson
Warner
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Cutting
Pattinson
Lyon

I think Australia will be slightly too strong for India in this series on their home tracks.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Warner
Marsh
Watson
Hussey
Clarke
Christian
Nevill/Wade
Siddle
Harris
Pattinson
Lyon

rewarding Domestic performances, and sending a message to those dropped that their performances are not acceptable. For a few of them it will mean the end of the line, but hopefully for the rest they rediscover their touch where they should - First Class Cricket, not in the Test arena.
If Watson is fit and able to bowl then there's absolutely no justification behind picking Dan Christian. I know he's made some good runs so far this year in the shield, but the guy's been playing FC cricket for several years and he's still averaging 30.
He has some nice shots but he's never at any stage looked like a guy with the technique or temperament to bat top 6 in a test side.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's one thing to reward Shield form, it's another to reward very little shield form over a long time, such as Christian's batting

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If Watson is fit and able to bowl then there's absolutely no justification behind picking Dan Christian. I know he's made some good runs so far this year in the shield, but the guy's been playing FC cricket for several years and he's still averaging 30.
He has some nice shots but he's never at any stage looked like a guy with the technique or temperament to bat top 6 in a test side.
It's one thing to reward Shield form, it's another to reward very little shield form over a long time, such as Christian's batting
I actually can't stand Christian, haha. But at the back end of last season and during this season, his batting has impressed me a lot, and I've seen enough to believe he'd be a capable number six. Handy bowler/fielder too obvs.

That spot is wide open for someone to make it their own, though.