• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia haven't beaten India in a test in 8 test matches. Has to be one of the longest stretches of recent times, if not ever.

Of course 6 of those 8 tests were in India, but nevertheless I can't imagine it ever getting close to that.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
cowan in, watson to 4?
I'd be happy to go with that.

Something like:

Warner
Cowan
Marsh / Khawaja
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin / Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
Lyon
Bollinger / Hazelwood

Another lot of debuts possibly, but we've been getting about 50% strike rate on the new guys. As for giving Ponting a farewell tour - **** off. That's loser thinking. Spending a summer watching Ponting falling over and getting hit on the pads or popping soft catches up to cover would be too painful. Move on FFS.

Redbacks

International Captain
No, the era will always be flatter and more one-sided under a Coalition government.
Some g33k should plot our test ranking against who was in power federally over the past 70 years. We were average from 82-96 weren't we? Then it started again in 07...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aside from Watson for Hughes and Marsh for Khawaja, it'll be the same Oz side for the first test

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some g33k should plot our test ranking against who was in power federally over the past 70 years. We were average from 82-96 weren't we? Then it started again in 07...
just further proof of the lack of forward thinking and planning the centre-right does tbh

aussie tragic

International Captain
So Argus review said form would be rewarded.....

....Clarke, Siddle, Pattinson and Lyon have done enough over last 4 Tests...

Warner now has 366 FC runs @ 91.50 this year...2 centuries, 1 fifty from 6 innings... roll on India :)

Oh, and Wade has 369 FC runs @ 61.50....wouldn't that be nice at #7

and do we need an opener, Ed Cowan, 578 FC runs @ 64.88..., however Ponting and Hussey have no-one knocking at the door, Watson and Marsh to come back from injury...

Just leaves a final pace slot....too bad copeland is too slow :(

Last edited:

Burgey

Ashes were lost for the first time in 20 years under Menzies in the 50s. Whitlam's ascension saw us as the best team in the world in the 70s, which was lost under Fraser.

We rebuilt under Hawke and Keating, who established the infrastructure which bore fruit under Howard, who was asleep atthe wheel and lived off the hard work of his predecessors.

Typical. Now Labor left to pick up the pieces caused by lack of foresight under the Tory filth.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
Typical. Now Labor left to pick up the pieces caused by lack of foresight under the Tory filth.
And in accordance with principle, after some bad luck for the opposing team which was not our fault, the board waved the white flag after 'that test' in Sydney. Took 3 years to fully recover from the massive money over principle sell out.

aussie tragic

International Captain
yeah, but these numbers are similar to all the guys they could replace
Howzat?

Ponting, 219 FC runs @ 43.80....should be okay as I said above
Khawaja, 193 FC runs @ 38.60...matches his good 30's

...no-one else made the most FC run list which bottoms at Finch's 147 runs @ 21.00

Burgey

And in accordance with principle, after some bad luck for the opposing team which was not our fault, the board waved the white flag after 'that test' in Sydney. Took 3 years to fully recover from the massive money over principle sell out.
The people wanted it. Don't you recall the public saying we were terrible hosts?

All the while forgetting the guests basically did the equivalent of not flushing a turd then complaining about the stench.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can I ask why Hughes being out of nick and constantly getting out the same way is grounds for dropping, yet Ponting constantly falling over his front pad and getting out lbw all the ****ing time isn't?

Burgey

Can I ask why Hughes being out of nick and constantly getting out the same way is grounds for dropping, yet Ponting constantly falling over his front pad and getting out lbw all the ****ing time isn't?
Because twice in his past three tests it's happened to Ponting after he's passed 50.

Still a decent point though.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I agree, but have just given up that they will drop him...with Clarke as selector, even more unlikely :ph34r:

Redbacks

International Captain
Howzat?

Ponting, 219 FC runs @ 43.80....should be okay as I said above
Khawaja, 193 FC runs @ 38.60...matches his good 30's

...no-one else made the most FC run list which bottoms at Finch's 147 runs @ 21.00
Oops, i forgot to put in 'before being picked'. Players with FC runs in big numbers haven't really stood up to test cricket of late.

Redbacks

International Captain
The people wanted it. Don't you recall the public saying we were terrible hosts?

All the while forgetting the guests basically did the equivalent of not flushing a turd then complaining about the stench.
I think it was the Melbourne test where they interviewed people entering the gate who said 'it's time other teams started winning, we've had our turn' when I thought cricket in Australia was ****ed for 5 or so years. People would accept mediocrity for a while which has saved our middle order.

Haha remember Buchanan talking about 'overseas' players for the weaker teams to even things up (worked for England tbf).

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oops, i forgot to put in 'before being picked'. Players with FC runs in big numbers haven't really stood up to test cricket of late.
Hughes did initially. Has he actually had a sustained period of good Shield form since his dropping in England? I know he came into last year's Ashes in woeful nick.

Spark

Global Moderator
He had a bit of a good run at the tail-end of last FC season, but very little between his Test match stints, no.