• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
Still a lot of lefties in that lineup... obvs shouldn't be a factor in selection but it's a concern.

Ruckus

International Captain
Still a lot of lefties in that lineup... obvs shouldn't be a factor in selection but it's a concern.
Well it probably should be a factor given Zaheer's presence, but unfortunately there simply aren't many other viable right-hand options. All the best players in the line atm seem to be lefties. Could be a reason to justify Haddin over Wade though I guess.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe so many Australian's want to see Ponting dumped tbh. He been better than most of the Aussie top order in his last 2-3 tests. I'd love nothing more than seeing him ton up in Melbourne.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Aus XI for the first India test, pending fitness:

Warner
Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke*
Hussey
Haddin+
Harris
Siddle
Pattinson
Lyon

I'm assuming that both Harris and Marsh will both be fit, which as I understand it is the case. I would have loved for Hughes to come good so that Watto could take the number 3 spot (which is IMO the best spot for him and is vacant sans-Ponting).

Midwinter

State Captain
Hughes to ton up in CA game

India to bowl short and 2 foot outside off to one slip, a deep cover and a mid off and woe betide anyone who gets close to anything he hits in the air.

Should be good enough to be picked for the first 2 tests.

**(Ross Taylor handbook, the chapter "How to beat Australia")**

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I'm going 2-1 India, based of current form. Depends what Australia turns up obv. India are more consistent.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yadav to make a name for himself like how Sharma did in the last series down under. India will lose the first test, draw the second, win the 3rd and draw/lose the 4th from a strong position. 1-1 or 2-1 Australia I reckon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just love this series. That time in the cycle where every 50:50 decision is a new episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory.